1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

related matters

Discussion in 'ITC & Electronic Communication' started by mac, Jun 1, 2016.

1. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

It's my pleasure and I hope I ask questions about which you and other members will enjoy hearing answers.

I often hope that my questioning doesn't simply come over as needlessly negative. I don't think it is. Relevant questions - anyone's relevant questions about anything - deserve answers in my view. They challenge complacency, challenge unquestioning acceptance.

I'm 69 and by now I have enough knowledge to know some of the things that I don't know. And of course there are things that I don't know that I don't know! But I'll probably find them out as I go along - eventually.

When I ask questions I want to understand, I want to know if something is worth heeding. If I learn something then others may also learn what I've learned and that may them too. I hope that's what happens.

2. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 Active Member

mac.. you are not the only one to ask such questions. I too, have so many questions and am looking for concrete evidental answers, but dont understand the topic well enough to ask indepth questions as you do... so the conversations really help me. You ask the probing questions. The words that I just dont have or know how to formulate. I thank you for that.

3. mac

Thank you, too, for your kind words, SL.

What we are hearing is that a mechanism has been developed that goes a step beyond EVP - the electronic voice phenomenon - inasmuch as there's the unique element of choosing who the communicator will be. That's very much different from the old understanding where mediums can not 'summon the dead' but rather they come because they choose to do so. And with ITC we appear to have the situation that not only can a specific discarnate be 'found' it happens exceedingly quickly, almost instantaneously. It also appears that the individual summoned always 'comes to the phone' - the communication device - and quickly learns how to use it.

We don't know if the situation ever arises that a chosen discarnate either can't be - or doesn't want to be - located or chooses not to be involved. But perhaps the so-called dead always want to communicate with loved ones if there is an opportunity? If that's so we could conceivably 'call' anyone with whom we've had a close relationship and who we'd expect to want to speak to us. I will be following developments with great interest with the very real possibility I'll have to eat a generous serving of humble pie! And that's OK because for three decades I've declared my wish that many more folk could hear and accept the message of survival.

Being able to reliably speak to loved ones, and hearing their replies clearly, would be the perfect way.
    :)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I think the emboldened statement is worded a tad bit ambiguously; I don't believe the discarnate person is "found." Personally, I think the more likely scenario is that his or her awareness of the on-going communication session is triggered by the earthly communicator's request, be it vocal or telepathic, for that person's presence. At that point, the spirit then travels to the appropriate Station and begins communicating.

This has never happened to me when I've attempted to contact a loved one whom I knew on earth. I've also had success contacting a family member whom I never knew, but I do not yet know whether the familiar bond between us was a factor in her decision to communicate. In any case, I do not think this in any way goes against the idea that spirits cannot be summoned by the living--it's more likely that at this early stage in the Station's development, the dead are especially eager to drop everything and confirm their survival to their earthly loved ones.

However, in one session I did attempt to contact a man whom I had never met, and I did not receive a response. I later recorded the man's earthly daughter asking the same questions that I had asked, and a response was present that time. Thus, I do believe that the dead are more likely to communicate to their own loved ones than to any old person on earth. (It may also be the case that a total stranger's vocal request for his or her presence at the Station does not alert them in the same way that a loved one's request would.)

5. mac

fair comment, Andrew - It looks to be the case, then, that it's an awareness of the station experimenters' aims - and a willingness to co-operate - that prepares communicators for contact. Would that be accurate?

It appears, then, that mental preparedness and willingness is still needed for successful communication, much as with mediumship.