1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Reintroduction

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by Types With Fingers, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Hello all, I’ve come back after a very long absence, and thought it would be appropriate to reintroduce myself. When I first joined ALF, I had lost a friend to suicide. It was a very dark time for me — I was so distraught I quit my job and began to seek professional help — and this forum seemed like a good and safe place to explore research and theories on the afterlife.

Well, it’s been several years now, and, long story bearable, my life’s gotten worse. As it turns out, I have a severe form of obssessive-compulsive disorder. Aside from what it’s done to my life (having made it an incessant waking nightmare), it’s significantly affected my thoughts on an afterlife.

I’ve realized that, for me, it doesn’t matter whether some Nobel Prize - winning academician says yay or nay on mediums or NDEs or whatnot. It’s about what I experience. Which, so far, has been nothing. But I persist in my search anyway, and that’s why I’m here.

I’ll do my best to make meaningful contributions, and to be more positive than this post may have made me seem.

So, hello!

2. mac

mac long-term contributor Staff Member

welcome home :)

Types With Fingers likes this.
  3. mac

mac long-term contributor Staff Member

I remembered your name but had to look back at what you wrote earlier on ALF. I can now see how much things have changed for you. I hope you find what you found here before.

4. pandora97

pandora97 New Member

Hi TWF! I'm a new member here at ALF. I'm afraid I won't be able to say much to help you but there are others on the forum who are knowledgeable and caring and perhaps they can help you along. I'm sorry about your friend. I too lost a friend to suicide.

5. Thank you, so do I.

6. I’m sorry you experienced that loss. Thank you for your honesty, I think any help is better than none.

7. Amore

Amore Member

Hello TWF! If the sentence I bolded above is what you have realized in these past few difficult years, you have learned a lot! That's a real gold nugget. You might not see it now but I think you are doing just fine, you are facing your challenges and are not giving up. Night is needed to see the stars. The lotus grows in the mud.

Maybe try meditation or yoga to help you relax? Just a thought.

Sending you a hug! :)

8. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome back, Types With Fingers! Some of your contributions here have been wonderful, and I look forward to reading many more of them!