1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Reincarnation does not appeal to me

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by JCM, Oct 30, 2017.

1. JCM

JCM New Member

Although far from rich, I am happily in the middle class like, I am sure, most if not all those who post here. It is troubling to say the least that the vast majority of people in this world are not. Some years ago, "Sixty Minutes" had a segment about kids living off what they could salvage from discarded ships. And, a DEA agent, who had worked in Pakistan, once told me that there was nothing on earth more miserable that being a mule in that country. The poor animal was worked almost from the moment he/she could stand until the moment of death and then the carcass was left where it fell. Sorry for such a depressing thread.

My point, however, is that it would be horrible to anticipate more lifetimes. Life is tough enough under "genteel" circumstances. Yet, I suspect that one might spiritually grow more if exposed to Bangladesh rather than to Whole Foods. I read somewhere that spirits reincarnate only if they want to. But who would want to get back on the roller coaster of life to face such dire circumstances. I admit to full-fledged whimp-hood on this.

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

As incarnates we can't see/understand matters in the way we will after we pass over and become re-acquainted with etheric life.

I agree with how you see things. Further incarnate lives aren't mandatory but maybe for reasons similar to those we had for coming here for the first time we'll realise what advantages there are in experiencing further life - or lives - in the physical.

Who knows how many lives we may already have spent here perhaps, though, without the insight into life, death and what follows that we enjoy now? Yet we see through mortal eyes only the briefest snapshots of the many ways of life available here and with little appreciation how they work in the grand scheme of things.

No need for despondency. There's nothing new under the sun and it's been this way for immeasurable time.

3. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Reincarnation holds no appeal for me, either. Assuming we do continue in an afterlife following death, if I have the choice I will never incarnate again. Not so much for the reasons you stated, though they are certainly valid, but because I refuse to live again and lose my loved ones to death while not being "allowed" to know, without any doubt, that there is an afterlife in which we will be reunited.

4. JCM

JCM New Member

Amen to that, Bluebird. Flesh is heir to too many troubles, as the Bard said, to want to make a habit of it!

5. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Unfortunately true.

6. Ed A.

Ed A. New Member

It's my understanding that it's your choice whether to reincarnate or not. So if you don't want to, you won't have to.

Personally, I'm going to keep recycling through this school until I can get closer to who I'm supposed to be. I know I've got a lot to learn, and this is a good place to do it.

I completely agree that it can be tough, though. And I'm looking forward to a long break after this life.

Unexpected likes this.