1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Regarding reincarnation.

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Kahlon, Dec 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahlon

Kahlon New Member

When we reincarnate into a new life do we become the age of the new life and grow and mature as the child grows. The reason I wonder about this is that as an adult when we die and cross over, it seems we meet our guardians or people from our soul group and remember them. When a very young child dies they are taken care of by people on the other side and grow and mature. When do the children remember their guardians or friends from their soul group.

Kahlon

2. mac

mac Staff Member

That's a very interesting question!

I used to think that ALL children who did not grow to maturity in this physical world passed over to the etheric world and grew there to adulthood. But now I'm of the mind that some do but others don't need that growing-up experience. Hence after their passing they return quickly to their natural status, that of a mature individual.

My guess would be that the children who need/want the experience of growing into adulthood, something they didn't get to do as incarnates, will recognise helpers, family, soul-group companions etc. when it's the right time for them. That 'right time' will be personal to that particular individual and her/his needs.

Convolution and bluebird like this.
  3. Kahlon

Kahlon New Member

Thanks for your thoughts. I wonder about this a lot. I do believe in reincarnation.

Kahlon

4. mac

mac Staff Member

I have no doubts that reincarnation occurs but probably not in the way a lot of folk think. The notion is wrapped up in such a lot of fantasy and imagination that its principle and purpose are lost.

5. Kahlon

Kahlon New Member

I understand the need for advancement in spiritual life. It is so hard to think about advancement on this earth at this time with so much evil going on and how someone could advance with such things going on. It is like one would have to be ignorant of the things going on in order to survive. Sort of like ignorance is bliss.

6. poeticblue

poeticblue member

It’s what we take from the negative situations on earth that helps us to grow spiritually. It’s how we respond to the negative situations on earth that help us to grow. Ignorance to me is certainly not bliss. I often in the past did wish I had a time machine to erase all of the the things I’ve been through and start all over, but if I did I don’t think I would have as much empathy for people who went through the same hardships that I and others have had. If I didn’t go through alcoholism I probably would have thought all people having that issue is weak and simply needed to stop drinking. That’s certainly not the case and I have great empathy for people who struggle with those kinds of issues now. Due to past previous hardships, the relationships that I have with my family now are much more closer. It wasn’t the easiest thing to go through, but the storms have made us closer. I can say the same for certain folks on this forum. I certainly don’t like to be reminded of certain things that have happened on the forum, but I wouldn’t wish to have changed anything now. Maybe initially I would have, but not anymore. We just have to work through things in life together as a whole whether it be positive or negative situations. That’s how one grows.

Oh and regarding reincarnation, I personally believe that it takes more than 1 life cycle to achieve some of the things I’ve pointed out. And there’s always so much more to learn in the universe. That’s why perhaps we keep coming back. Either that or some of us really love this earth life lol. We are never forced to come back..but our eternal soul knows better. The choice is always up to us!!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  7. Kahlon

Kahlon New Member

I don't prefer the "ignorance is bliss". I believe there is something to learn from everything. My husband always says that they would have to drag him back kicking all the way. lol

8. poeticblue

poeticblue member

:D

9. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

I think this is intimately tied to the idea of what it means to be the conscious individual experiencing physical life vs the consciousness in the afterlife. That child ceaces to be as it is, and its child-like ways will disperse into the much larger being that is supposedly already fully aware in the spirit world (whether gradually or not).
    Seems that fate would await all of us, in that context, not just the child.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  10. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

I read this beautiful article of a Holocaust survivor who, somewhat recently, came out saying she fully forgave her captors, also the killers of her family and friends.
    Many other survivors seemed appalled at the notion, but she held fast.
    She forgave freely, because she understood that to forgive is also to ultimately let go of your own pain- to be free.

Were it not for this major act of what we would call evil, that person would never have grown to know what it is like to reach such peace as to forgive such a horrible crime.
    I haven't come to a personal conclusion on spiritual matters, but I am of the view that everything has a purpose. What we call good and evil, are judged to be so relative to our needs, wants and desires. Our moral compass isn't set in stone. It is all part of a whole, which is neither good nor bad- it just is.

We are the ones who interpret it to be more than just pure reality- we are the judges. We choose what evil is, and how we will deal with it in our own personal battle between what is, and what we want it to be.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Tracey and Shaman Traveler like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.