1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Recurring Happy/Sad Dream

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by DenverGuy, May 13, 2020.

1. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

I always have a foggy recollection of a particular dream, which I have a lot. It happened again last night, in fact, and it stuck with me all day today I dream that my girlfriend and I are together and we're having a great time. I am aware of her breast cancer, but she is doing well and it's under control. I tell her that we are working on a cure. We have time. Then just before I wake up, I realize that it is too late, and she's already gone. Talk about a let-down...

This morning I was dreaming that I suggested that we get married. And then I woke up. It's all so hazy. I do recall it's a great dream with a terrible ending.

I told my neighbor about this, and she suggested getting married now. I wouldn't write something like this on any other forum. Is it really that wacky of an idea?

Kurt likes this.
  2. baob

baob New Member

This is a good dream!

3. mac

mac Staff Member

I feel so sorry for you having experienced such a desperately sad dream but, yes, I think it's a wacky idea, DG.

Kurt and DenverGuy like this.
  4. Monika

Monika Established Member

I would say it depends what marriage as an act means for you. If you feel in your heart that it would be something romantic and nice to do then why not? I did marry my fiance the day i first got to hold the box with his ashes. The man in the chapel made it so nice with flowers and candles. While kneeling there with the box in my hands i naturally had a picture in my mind of us marrying and so i did gave him my hand and my heart at that moment. This was our way to marry. I am proud to call Michel my husband in flesh and in spirit forever and ever♡♡
    I read that some people do get married with their partner in spirit by medium for example. It is another way to do that if desired. Listen and follow your heart and do what makes you and your girlfriend happy♡

Bill Z, Kurt, DenverGuy and 1 other person like this.
  5. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

DenverGuy,

If you mean that you want to have a private, symbolic ceremony between you and your girlfriend, then I don't think that's weird at all. If it is important to you to have that additional level of connection, then I see nothing wrong with it.

DenverGuy and Monika like this.
  6. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Thank you all. I agree with all of you. It is kind of a crazy idea, Mac. Monika, your expression is a very touching one. Thank you, Bluebird.
    I really appreciate your feedback. I don't see any downside to doing this.

bluebird and Kurt like this.
  7. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Your too pure for this world Monika. I honestly struggle trying to find out why you incarnated. It's completely baffling. Perhaps 30 years from now there will be a Ask X & Monika thread. I truly mean that.

8. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

It's interesting this was posted... Especially on Wednesday.

I just finished a rollercoaster of a relationship and long story short I have similar dreams where I try to help out my ex and think she's finally going to try to fix herself up again (she had a bad addiction) and then I wake up and realize she's virtually perma screwed at this point and it makes me depressed...

9. mac

mac Staff Member

Now we've seen both of you separately but I keep hoping you'll find a photo of the two of you together....

It seems I'm very much the odd-one-out concerning a marriage ceremony. :(

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    Kurt likes this.
  10. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Mac,

To paraphrase what DenverGuy said, what would be the downside?