1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Rainy Mood

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by poeticblue, May 30, 2019.

1. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I want a cute little amazon box now. I think they sale the actual characters at our local bookstore in the accessory section. :) I never knew what they were about until now.

P.S. they are also sold on Amazon.

Kurt likes this.
  2. Luna

Luna New Member

You're welcome- I'm glad you liked it!

Oh wow I never knew that! That is pretty bittersweet :( I'm going to look into those now~~

Gabriella and Kurt like this.
  3. LachlanMac

LachlanMac Active Member

I may seriously look into this. Tinnitus drives me mad sometimes. I wish I could listen to rain/nature sounds for sleeping sometimes, but it only seems to aggravate my years and make the ringing very high-pitched. Static/whitenoise seems to do the same.

Kurt likes this.
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm not at home right now but when I get back Thursday I'll send you an address via p.m. - check your Inbox Thursday evening UK onwards. I was sent a booklet by the BTA but see here online for the various products: https://www.tinnitus.org.uk/pages/shop/department/sound-therapy-systems

Have you had any help to habituate to the tinnitus?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Kurt likes this.
  5. LachlanMac

LachlanMac Active Member

No, i've never even mentioned it to my doctor! It is something I've had since I was very young (assumed due to hereditary hearing loss) but I've never followed up on it. It has definitely evolved over time. I have the constant high pitch for all of my life and then I'll have fits of an incredible loud deeper pitch which happens on occasion. I reckon I'll do some research on some of the products from the BTA. The bone headphones seem pretty interesting but I'm curious if they will be good for my work. I'm an engineer but work in a very quiet area and even the air unit turning off upsets my ears.

Kurt likes this.
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

It's a sad fact that tinnitus is with us for life and yours sounds to be particularly bad. You may also have hyperacusis from what you've said about the air unit switching off.

Do you wear any kind of hearing aids to help with the hearing loss? I think the bone-conduction aids are for individuals whose hearing is severely impaired. My single-sided hearing loss isn't bad and my single aid helps make up for it, in turn helping mask the tinnitus.

Compared with many of the BTA members who write online I feel a fraud because I don't suffer as they do and now I only occasionally write on the forum pages. It might be worth your while considering becoming a member.

Kurt likes this.
  7. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I had a rather odd incident last night. I woke up from my sleep in the middle of the night after having several personal dreams. I then sat up for a second to check my messages on my phone and that’s when the ringing in my right ear started happening. I thought ‘ok it’ll go away soon’ but the ringing sound persisted longer than usual. I got up to walk around a bit and the high pitch sound in my right ear was still in effect. I would say it didn’t go away until two or three minutes had passed which is a fairly long time compared to all the other times. I was thinking either someone is trying to get through to me spiritually or I need to go see a doctor. This ‘tinnitus’ that we speak of normally doesn’t last that long with me and it normally only happens when I’m in a deep state of thought which is why I was leaning on it being more of a spiritual communication with me and my guide(s) , but last night had me worried a bit since the duration of the sound lasted beyond the norm.

8. Gabriella

Gabriella New Member

I can't imagine what can be better then puppies and kittens :)

9. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Baby rabbits.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

and ducklings