1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Question...

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by John biscuits, Jul 28, 2017.

1. John biscuits

John biscuits New Member

My mother passed away a few months ago; everyone says I'll see her again. Now, I do believe there's an afterlife.

My question is, what happens if my mom reincarnates before I die? Will I still see her? will she still look the same?

Thank You.

2. mac

mac senior contributor

There's a lot to try to explain about reincarnation but to keep it simple there's no guarantee you'll see your mom after your own passing but unless there's a special reason for her to reincarnate quickly - before your own death - she will be around to greet you as you pass on.

She'll be completely recognisable to you but based on accounts she may look more youthful than you remember her before her passing.

Unexpected likes this.
  3. Arbutus Eric

Arbutus Eric Member

Hi John. Only a small part of the overall self incarnates at any given time. This is because the material world is so limited that only so much can be expressed in one personality. Your higher self, or the greater part of you, is still in the afterlife. Same goes for your mother of course. She could incarnate another part of herself that you would probably recognize if you encountered her (or him!) while you were still here. Our higher selves have memory of all our lives, so one of the best parts about transitioning is that you get to merge with your higher self and all those memories, knowledge and understanding become accessible again. It's like a huge download of data, where suddenly you're about 20 times smarter and wiser than you are now, and it's all you!

So bottom line is that you will always be reunited with your loved ones. "Love will always know its own, for love is the greatest force in the universe. Love will always attract its beloved and love will always meet its love, for nothing can prevent the union of those who love." - Silver Birch

Widdershins3 and Unexpected like this.
  4. John biscuits

John biscuits New Member

Those are two completely, different answers.

5. mac

mac senior contributor

And your point in pointing out the obvious is......????

6. John biscuits

John biscuits New Member

It's confusing having two different answers; which one is correct.

7. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

You got two answers because those answers came from two different people. One or the other may be correct, or neither. No human is an expert in these matters. If one of the answers appeals to you more than the other, then go with that one. Ultimately, you're the only one who can decide what you believe.

8. John biscuits

John biscuits New Member

I'm still learning. I'll listen more, and be less reactionary. My mother's death took alot out of me.

9. Corey

Corey Member

Hi John biscuits. I like you. Don't worry about "being less reactionary". I understand your confusion.
    Separation is only an illusion. That is something I'm working on right now myself. We lose people and hope to be reunited with them someday in a more physical sense (even in the afterlife this reunion is somewhat physical since we can see, touch, and perceive our loved ones being with us). But really, they always are with us, no matter what. The miracle of this universe is that there really is no separation. Your mother is in your heart right now because you are connected by love. She is right with you. It is a challenge to feel this and fully know it to be true, but you can take comfort in just the intellectual understanding of it right now.
    I wish you the best with your grief. ♥

10. mac

mac senior contributor

Bereavement does take it out of you and there is a lot to learn - been there, done that.

11. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Actually, John, apparently both are correct. Here on earth we have very limited conscious access to our vast eternal minds, and we tend to think in binary terms, like switches: true/not-true. But nothing in the vast reality that we return to at death is binary! It is all vastly more complex, but since we almost immediately rejoin our vast eternal minds when we return that doesn't seem to be a problem for us. Here is what seems to be the case (as my very limited earth-mind has been able to puzzle it out):

1) Most families and friend-groups will assemble there for a few generations before anyone reincarnates. It's playtime!

2) Especially intense or driven folks, and those who are spiritually more advanced, may put a priority on promptly reincarnating for their own reasons. For example, Thomas Jefferson tells us that he felt so unbalanced by that lifetime ("I had too much power and I didn't always use it well") that he took a quick additional incarnation as a commoner in Wales, even though his TJ life had been meant to be his last earth incarnation. By my calculations, he had to have been back in a body within maybe 20 earth-years of his TJ death in 1820, and that would have been unusual.

3) There is no time there. This is an immensely important fact that our meat-based pea-brains have a lot of trouble appreciating. I recall one early-twentieth-century communication where someone who is newly dead remarks through a deep-trance medium that, yes, Aunt Martha is here, but she is sitting on a bench as she experiences another earth-lifetime. (So she can't come to the phone - call back later?) The implication was that we can do a whole life on earth in what feels there like something like a long afternoon; the implication also was that all it does there is to seem to slow us down a bit.

4) There is considerable evidence that our minds can support numerous earth-entities simultaneously. For example, we are told that in the non-time that is most of reality all of our many earth-lifetimes are happening at once, and are influencing one another. This does seem to be true, but while we live here with time and with such limited minds how can we possibly understand it?

5) We do eventually stop feeling the need to incarnate back into these earth-lives, and what that means in non-time is interesting to contemplate. We are told that from an eternal perspective - from God's perspective, if you will - the "blip" that was this illusion of separation was over in an instant. It is only within the illusion (and time and space are part of that illusion) that the feeling of being separate occurred at all! To be frank, trying to understand the implications of the apparent fact that from the perspective of eternal Mind there is not and there never was any of this need to incarnate here at all is what really makes my eyes cross....

12. RobertaGrimes

Jimrich, I appreciate your help with this!

I hope you won't mind, though, if I ask that you be more deferential to three issues when you post here. These issues confront all of us, and they do urge upon us all a good deal of humility. The problems with our giving pat answers to any of these questions are the following:

1) Our minds while on earth are only 10% or less of our vast eternal minds, which in turn are all part of the one universal Mind that seems more and more to be all that exists. So by definition, no one who is in a body now can comprehend what actually is going on, any more than an ant on your kitchen floor can understand what you are saying or can possibly envision what is for lunch.

2) People not now in bodies don't know everything either! I have seen mid-level beings state what I know are fabrications but are devoutly believed by them to be true, and this happens repeatedly. They don't know what is true about anything going on above their own vibratory rate, and they have the ant's problem of being unable to understand it even if they were able to see it.

3) Binary thinking - true/not-true - cannot be applied to understanding the greater reality. Not only because minds can override what would otherwise be true, but also because the very notion of truth is altogether different there, beyond our growing certainty that all that exists is Mind, the leading experts in this field are very cautious to state anything with certainty. Wendy Zammit and I are going back and forth at the moment about some things that each of us once thought were settled! The greater reality seems more and more not to be empiricism-based at all, but instead seems to altogether love-based. Try figuring that one out!

So I ask you please to preface all of your opinions with what I am going to say now about my statement here, and what I try to say whenever I answer a question on ALF (although when I'm hurrying I might forget - sorry): "Based upon .... I am confident that.... " For me, it's "Based upon my five decades of intensive research..." For you it can be "Based upon what my wife tells me," and for others it can be "Based upon what I've read in this or that book...."

But the plain fact is that nobody knows, and we lack the capacity to understand it anyway!

13. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

I am editing this reply to hopefully meet the standards suggested by RobertaGrimes....
    From an online dictionary: "deferential": respectful, humble, dutiful, obedient, submissive, meek, subservient, yielding, complaisant, compliant,
    Roberta, I appreciate your help with this and based upon my research, I am confident that my responses are deferential to these 3 issues and are not "pat answers".

I don't see a "question" there and you definitely don't want to give "pat answers" so my most deferential or humble response, based upon 6 decades of intensive research and actual experiences, is that I know that I am not in my body, my body is in me (pure energy) and I comprehend very well what actually is going on. Based upon what I actually know, I am confident that universal Mind (or simply Energy) is all that ever did or ever will exist. IMO, some folks underestimate what ants understand and can envision.

Hmmm, no question there either but, I'd want to be told what "know everything" means!

Again, no question there, unless "Try figuring that one out!" is an indirect question.
    IMO, it's quite simple to figure out.
    Based upon 6 decades of intensive research and experiences, Energy (Mind) is all that there is and this energy is appearing as: individual minds, the greater reality, Wendy Zammit, Roberta Grimes, going back and forth, thought, leading experts, love, fabrications, beliefs, truths, repeated happenings, those who don't know, vibratory rates, ants, problems, misunderstandings, visual disabilities and every other thing and condition in Energy's projected Appearance or Cosmos.

Roberta, I look forward to how you will "preface all of your opinions" henceforth.
    I will also need to write: "Based upon what I actually know..... [which is not just an opinion.] Also, an IMO acronym works just as well for me without the: "Based upon .... I am confident that.... " part.
    Based upon 6 decades of intensive research and what I actually know, many people "know" and have the "capacity" to understand it anyway.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017 at 9:03 AM
  14. RobertaGrimes

Whatever, Jimrich. I am getting four hours' sleep per night and still falling behind, so I simply don't have time for a back-and forth now - I'm sorry about that, but I assume that whatever I might say in response wouldn't help much anyway.

For everyone else, please simply read my post - I'm sure that most of you can understand it. The more we approach one another from a position of respectful service, the more useful this website will be to the world!

15. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Agreed. I've said exactly this on this site so many times. :rolleyes:

16. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

It will be very interesting to see how many members actually use the "Based upon .... I am confident that..." formula.

17. mac

mac senior contributor

Your personal enquiry got lost in the welter of postings. Did you find in this thread anything to help you or at least to help you ask other questions?

If not may I suggest that you ask a specific question (or maybe a couple of questions) and from the answers you get ask further, related questions? That way there's a better chance of focusing on a smaller number of issues.