1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Question for mac and

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by ravensgate, May 20, 2018.

1. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

any British forum member. What, if anything, can you tell me about the "Independent"? Do you consider it a reputable source of information, middle ground, or garbage such as, in my opinion of course, The Sun, The Enquirer?
    TIA.

2. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

I'd say the Independent - the 'i' as it's now known - is a 'proper' newspaper and not a rag like The Sun.

3. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Thank you, mac!

4. Maria

Maria Member

The Independent or “the Indy” as it is fondly called, is a liberal newspapers tending towards the left in its views. For example it is pro EU, and known as a newspaper where intelligent and balanced opinions are more important than sensational stories as compared to tabloids like The Sun and the Daily Mail. Both the Independent and the Guardian (a similar left-oriented paper), are my favourite newspapers. Dave Brown is a political cartoonist for the Independent and I think his clever satire is nothing short of pure genius. The Independent is also anti Brexit, but I better stop here to avoid my post becoming political.

ravensgate likes this.
  5. Maria

Maria Member

Apology for typo - should read "a liberal newspaper".