1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

QUESTION ABOUT THE VIEW OF WAR IN THE AFTERLIFE

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Bill Z, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Silver Birch denounces war for any reason. "You can not sow bloodshed and reap peace."

Joan of Arc, many agree, was called by the voice of God to fight along with King Charles.

Lord Krishna road with Arjuna in his war chariot. This one might be a metaphor as many Hindu and Buddhist stories are about killing off our own impurities. But can anyone explain the totally divergent views of Silver Birch and the Joan of Arc story?

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I can't explain the difference in approach but would point out that Silver Birch was a discarnate teacher/guide who offered his ideas from the world etheric. And it would be interesting to read the total context of his words.

Joan of Arc was incarnate and any claimed call on her by God to fight a war might be considered 'iffy' by folk who are not among the many who accepted that claim. I'm no historian and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that others also felt they were 'called by God' to do something.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I can't quote verbatim as I don't have compilations of Silver Birch's words but I think it's interesting that in a Q&A session SB declared that the massive conflict we now call World War 2 would not happen. (words to that effect) I don't know what he later said (if anything) about why his idea turned out wrong but I guess his reply is somewhere.

Maybe it shows that even teachers/guides widely acknowledged as spiritually-advanced can not know all the answers. Maybe the outcome of the events leading to WW2 couldn't ever have been known because there could be no certainty how such complex events would turn out? One occasion, perhaps, where SB gave a well-informed opinion rather than guidance? An opinion delivered, however, in a similar way to the guidance he offered about simpler matters.

Just my thoughts....

4. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Thank you Mac. No one is 100%. I'm just trying to understand this concept. Just wondering what others think.

5. Cute Bear

Cute Bear Banned

Silver Birch was offering advice as a spiritual counselor with a residence in Spirit. Joan of Arc is a Spirit who chose the incarnation she experienced including the theme of "going to war". One was instruction, the other was destiny.

6. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Thank you CB. If she followed her destiny what did it mean? How was it different from instruction.
    My friend, please don't misunderstand this I just need to understand and I thank you for your thoughts.
    That's a cute little guy in the photo. Peace.

7. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Silver Birch is right. Jesus is right. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. is right.

Whatever the question, love is always the answer.

We cannot ever bring peace upon earth until each of us individually is willing to fight for it by refusing to go to war, no matter what the personal cost.

It seems pretty clear that anyone who thinks God has called her to go to war is listening not to God, but to her ego. Sadly.

pandora97 likes this.
  8. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

To each their own. Life is but a dream so do what you think or believe is RIGHT. Life is eternal and infinite so I'd go for it...........