1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about reincarnation

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by ForHarley, Feb 18, 2018.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I've had a quick look at the page and will take a longer look round the rest of the website later - thanks!

2. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

No
    I don't see anything wrong with what someone of another religion does. Religion is man-made anyway.

3. mac

So it wasn't particularly about Christians. It relates to anyone......

4. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Yes. I suppose I singled out Christians because I am most familiar with that religious group.

5. Teri

Teri New Member

I agree with you 100%. I also do not have any interest in reincarnating as my catholic upbringing tells me we don't. Not real sure how that whole thing works. When I go to a medium, my grandfather always comes through. He's been gone well over 45 years. IF he reincarnated I would assume he wouldn't come in, just my thought - then, assuming he has chosen not to incarnate. Sometimes I believe Earth is the hell we live in and once we are in the afterlife, we find the love and peace we all want. Just my own opinion....

SashaS likes this.
  6. mac

The subject of reincarnation is a large one and repeatedly re-visited but always there are many misunderstandings.

7. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I really don't know if reincarnation exists or not; I have read some accounts which seem fairly convincing to me. I only know that it's not something I ever want to do from this point on (whether or not I have ever done so before, which I also don't know). Even if reincarnation does exist, if we do have free will then we must have the ability to choose whether or not to reincarnate, so perhaps your grandfather chose not to. On the other hand, evidently "time" may work differently in the afterlife, so if reincarnation does exist then it's possible your grandfather has reincarnated one or more times during the past 45 years but was still able/available to communicate with you from the afterlife.

I have read about the idea that Earth is hell and the afterlife brings love and peace. I don't believe in hell, but I do think the Earth is often a hellish place. I certainly hope there is an afterlife where we are all able to be with those we love, and find peace.