1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Question about Psychic phenomenon

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Ski, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Ski

Ski

I have a question for those who experience psychic phenomenon.

I have noticed, especially when dealing with harsher elements of the unknown...that my anxiety gets really bad. Do you ever feel a high level of anxiety right before something is going to happen?

2. Ski

Ski

Here is an example.

I worked in the medical field a few years before I got into sales. One of the facilities, a hospital, I worked nights for awhile....so there was only about 15 of us workers. There was four of us on the same wing, and first shift would come in the morning.

One night, I felt a very high level of anxiety, it was so bad...and I felt like I had to leave work and check on my boys, who were young teens. My head nurse saw how bad my anxiety was, and let me leave. They were okay.

The next night, the same thing happened, this time...it could have been my nerves, but I swear I saw a dark shadow walk across the hall. My anxiety was already high, to the point of a full blown anxiety attack....again, I had to go check on my kids....my HN is an angel, and let me go, they were okay.

The 3rd night, (now this had never happened before or since at work, where I need to check on my kids, consciously..it didn't make no sense ) but my anxiety level started up again, and I was embarrassed, so I told my HN, I would leave on my lunch break, but it would take longer, because the drive was 20 minutes there and back...so I wouldn't miss too much work. She let me go, again, they were fine. The next day I had the same day off work as my charge nurse and some same shift coworkers.

The next day, the anxiety left me, and I had the day off work...so I spent the bright sunny day in the pool with my boys. I came in at about 4 pm....and got on my Facebook.
    The local news was set up on my fb, and it had breaking news. My coworker, and friend who I worked the same shift with...her toddler daughter had drowned! Not only did she drown, but she was at my HN's house and drowned in her pool! My HN ended up dying of a heart attack less than a week after the drowning. It was so sad and shocking, terrible accident.

This incident led me to lash out at God, as I felt truly pi**ed off that I would feel that, or pick up on that incident...especially since there was nothing I could do.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  3. Ski

Ski

I have a tendency to not believe psychic people on tv....mainly because of my own experience of not being able to turn it on and off..so it seems highly unlikely they can either. I remember Sylvia Brown giving readings on Montells show....and thinking she was a liar. Not that she didn't have some gifts, but I just knew somehow that she was throwing out a bunch of crap. Then we found out she was. I was very discerning watching Mrs. Caputo do the same thing, not that she was doing it like Ms. Browne...but for the mere fact she was on tv, and getting paid. I can't do that, I know I have gifts, but I can't just tell you anything, that's not how it works for me. I only pick up on certain things, and not with everybody. So I could never charge even a penny....and I wouldn't want to. In fact, I would really not like to know or feel it, such as the incident I just wrote about.

4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I think it probably depends on the nature of the event. I have not usually had anxiety in connection just before what is generally viewed as psychic phenomena, but that may be because the events I experienced were not traumatic like the premonition/experience you described. If you had had a premonition about something good rather than something bad, my guess is that you would not have felt such anxiety.

Ski likes this.
  5. Ski

Ski

Yeah, that's true....

6. Ski

Ski

I guess anybody would have had anxiety and panic attacks in that situation.

7. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I think so. I'm sorry that happened to you, and to your friend/coworker.

8. Monika

Monika Active Member

Ski, i do not know much about psychic phemonemon you talk about but i think i can understand what are you speaking about from the example you gave. Only after my husband died i have realised why i felt so how i felt for about half a year. I am also not very familiar with what exactly anxiety is but what i felt all this time was that i was very intensed, nervous (normally im very silent inside how to say, not very reflective to what is happening around, work, other people and whatsoever). I also felt very big fear whatever Michel was doing. If he was away in mountains with snowscooter or fishing and was late for 15 mins i was freaking out inside. Sometimes i even started to cry from this feeling that he might not come back. It was so crushing. There were plenty of other signs too what i recognize now. Day after day after day. Of course i started to push such thoughts away. I tried to blame such fears on something else, sometimes i thought i am going insane for some not known reason. Though now i know i wasn't. I tried to blame myself after all that i had to listen into myself more. I say i "tried". My brain did. But i know exactly i could change nothing. Deep inside.