1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Psychopathy

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Convolution, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

We've found some evidence towards psychopathy being genetic.
    Here is a study finding a link:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2242349/
    It also has a visible impact on neurological structure, such that often the more reliable way of discovering a psychopath is via study of the brain.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    bluebird likes this.
  2. Convolution

Convolution Established Member

I'd love to understand the reasons you're thinking of. Could it be a test of some kind, to be able to live a productive life without empathy (more distance from spirit) while doing no harm? No idea. Just grasping at straws.

3. Nirvana

Nirvana Regular Contributor

I agree that it's likely chosen by males before birth not just to learn specific lessons but to ensure success with women as well.

4. poeticblue

poeticblue member

How do you figure?

5. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

There are female psychopaths as well as male psychopaths.

Also, being a psychopath by no means ensures success with women -- why would you think it does? And if you do think that, you should also think it would ensure that psychopathic women would succeed with men. Not to mention that not everyone is heterosexual, regardless of gender or mental health.

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Yep. Enjoy your certainty there, just as scientists are enjoying their certainty.

7. RobertaGrimes

Straw-grasp duly acknowledged.

8. RobertaGrimes

BINGO! As always, dear Nirvana, I love your answer ;-)!

9. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Why? This particular answer is sexist.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

I think Roberta's use of the wink, tongue-in-cheek emoticon was a hint at what she really felt.