1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Psychic reading and mediumship

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication Modes' started by mac, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

Thanks Convolution, I should have thought to ask about the clothes, though I think she'd have said if that was how she was perceiving things.
    I worry about another visit in case it would be different and I'd see the face. Only the lower half of the body was all lit up in colour, creases in the clothes and all; so real you'd think we could have a conversation if I wasn't struck dumb. I suppose I felt as you did when you saw your watch skip a minute from 21 to 23.

Convolution likes this.
  2. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

There's nothing to be afraid of, Ruby, but I totally understand why you worry. It's fear of the unknown, concern about what might happen, something that I'd guess many/most of us feel. It's impossible to know how anyone might feel in such situations but my guess would be they wouldn't be frightened but as you say, dumbstruck might be the outcome.

It's a different situation but a psychic and sometimes-medium friend was afraid of the dark, of seeing ghosts. It tickled me when she told me that but it could have been something she learned as a child and that can be very hard ever to overcome.

Of course it might not have been that and she may instead have had some scary experience(s) that unnnerved her. Another sensitive friend told me about one she experienced when she was in the bath and heard a deep voice and sensed a man's presence. You can probably guess how spooked that experience left her. A lesson that folk need to properly close down after they've 'opened up', such as in a development circle. I digress......;)

3. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

Thanks for that, mac. I suppose it's conventional in our culture to be afraid of ghosts, and we learn it at a young age. You're exactly right when you say it's fear of the unknown and concern about what might happen. There aren't many opportunities to practice the right response either!

4. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Yes, it is taught by some folks that ghosts and spirits are scary and may be demonic. That’s not the case with most of them. I had to learn from an early age to just sleep with a nightlight on and relax. We as humans cross over into other planes of existence... who’s to say we aren’t the ghosts to other ghosts? :p

5. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

Who indeed? Have you ever seen a ghost, or do you ever meet anyone on your astral travels?