1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

PSA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by GoldDustWoman622, Jun 21, 2018.

1. I am just putting this out there as a "public service announcement" for all of us . My MIL called me ,which was shocking enough , to tell me she had had my husbands autopsy report back but had been afraid to open it and would I help her do this . I live 800 miles away so I would and did but over the phone . We really got a shock . he may have had a kidney infection alright but he died from choking to death on a HOT DOG ( gross- I always told him I could not stand them ) . I kid you not . He did not have his teeth in and he would eat too fast and I had seen him do this before . They noted some other heart issues that in 10 years would have been fatal if not treated but that was early stages . He choked to death and it took 5-7 minutes to do so .
    Please be careful everyone.
    I know most people are careful but chew slowly , don't be in a hurry AND try to eat , giant bites etc etc . It really can mean the difference between life or death . I haven't told many but you never know when something like this could happen . A terrible accident.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, GoldDustWoman.

Kurt and GoldDustWoman622 like this.
  3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

What an unfortunate way to pass and his death is connected to one of your ealier postings then? Sorry but I can't recall what you said about it - has this new information made some other information more evidential?

4. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I almost had that same issue w/ a grape. My throat was feeling hot & my face was turning purple (i could see a mirror) I was alone & scared & 8 & seemingly going to die. I started running around in circles & somehow, The grape got unstuck.... It was a horrible experience.

GoldDustWoman622 likes this.
  5. mac

Yep grapes are known for that and kids should never be given them whole.

Kurt and GoldDustWoman622 like this.
  6. Kurt when I pressed like , please understand I do NOT like it that happened to you . I mean to say I can understand . I ,of course, have choked in my life but not as bad as you or my husband and I was terrified even for that moment .
    My youngest daughter would choke really bad on anything when she was a baby and it terrified the entire family . I don't think she could eat solids until she was 3 , she scared us so bad . Now she eats anything .

My roommate and our friends I have told are freaked out at the thought of this .
    Daughter said she would have rather he died from a heart attack . She can't talk about it . I told her gently and let it go .

Hi Mac , yes what actually happened and what the medium said, I guess you could say was connected to one of my earlier postings about not having a very good reading , at the time none of it made sense and I felt she was really not connecting with anyone I knew but could not decide if I was just having such a hard time with grief that I couldn't understand but now I know. She had the wrong person/people or she was connecting with someone else. She said he'd died really gently in his sleep and was not afraid and that he wanted me to know it was a peaceful, easy transition.
    We'd suspected his kidney infection caused his death ( as they can do ) . He was also alone when this happened , I know he was terrified . We'd just hung up , he was ready to come home from his visit because he wasn't feeling well but that didn't kill him . I am just glad the last thing we said was I love you . It may have been easy once he had passed from here but that last 5-7 minutes must've felt like years and I just don't see that as a peaceful easy death . He was also tall but not a large man she kept saying how physically large ( heavy ) he was . In this life he was a very agile person. On that same hand I still cannot recognize any of he women she spoke of or the numbers or dates . Like I said I am not discouraged , just wish if they just cannot make a connection to just try another day .

Kurt likes this.
  7. mac

It's tough when you're hearing so much 'stuff' but unable to relate to what you're hearing although details later authenticated may be highly evidential and persuasive. The value of actual details given can only be assessed by the recipient.

I have no idea if the tragic passing you've described would, or would not, be felt as peaceful or easy but perhaps after the initial, and undoubtedly traumatic choking session, unconsciousness would follow for some time. Perhaps during that time, and after one's spirit senses its approaching passing, a feeling of peace results as death finally comes about.

Ideally an experienced evidential medium would pick up sufficiently detailed information to be able to explain what the communicator was saying but that's perhaps the epitome of perfection with few mediums able to achieve it.

8. That's about the only thing I can make of it too . That afterwards it surely may have been peaceful . Your last sentence too is very true , and still just nothing fits . I admit to even making wild guesses as to who she may have been talking too . VERY grateful for my visitation dream though . It was how they usually are and brought me a great deal of peace and alot of love .

9. mac

It's good to hear you have felt the peace and love. :)

10. Oh Mac so very much so , and it was pure , serene , peaceful and I know he is with me and still loves me just like he did here.

pandora97 likes this.
  11. Monika

Monika Active Member

To read all this literally brings tears for me. But im glad you share this here. Lots of hugs for you and im so glad about your dream♡
    I can not give any proves but to my understanding and personal experience i would not be scared to say that he not just love you same but i am completely sure that he loves you even more. And probably you both experience the grow of love you too share♡ hug

Bill Z and GoldDustWoman622 like this.
  12. mac

Such experiences can do far more than all the words we read or write about survival.... If only it could happen to more of us desperate for reassurance about survival. :(

13. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

It is a frightening experience, and please allow me to preach for just a few lines, lol. Learn 2 very important life-saving skills: CPR (for adults, children, and infants) and the Heimlich maneuver. Learn to perform the Heimlich on yourself. When I was in my 30s I choked and I was alone. No air was getting in, nothing coming out; I knew immediately I was in big trouble. I "slammed" against the countertop and expelled the offending object. Learn CPR and Heimlich, attend refresher courses, especially for CPR as the sequences sometimes change, and you want to be current. Don't attend a class and then forget about it!
    Ok, done with my preaching ;)

Amore, Kurt and GoldDustWoman622 like this.
  14. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I understand... don't worry.
    Well, I do plan entering the med field!:D

15. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Kurt, no need to wait until you enter the med field! ;)

Kurt likes this.