1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

prematurely ending life

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Jun 27, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

I was playing Devil's Advocate with my remarks. Like many other subjects, when I present something that doesn't 'ring true' for me personally I have to work harder to find the words I need. Such was this subject but it doesn't matter for me - it was for others who may find the subject hard to reconcile and be seeking practical guidance. For many/most my guess is that the notion of 'exit points' from life would anyway bring looks of blank disbelief. Most ordinary folk may be interested in the notion of 'assisted suicide' etc. but totally outwith any spiritual context.

Folk recognise that situation but doctors are trapped between a rock and a hard place even if they want to help the patient. What level - one might ask - is "extraordinary" while medical practices streak ahead and new techniques become available to hold back 'the natural course' of events?

Some disorders are known to eventually be terminal but it may take quite a time for the condition to progress to corporeal death. During that time sufferers' lives may be miserable in the extreme. One particulaly grey area for ordinary folk is where someone is terminally sick, has concluded they do not want to continue with their suffering but helping them to pass is prevented by the law of their country. All these are difficult, practical issues that ordinary folk, carers and medical/care staff are facing daily. Most will have no notion of any spiritual considerations and anyway have enough on their plates to deal with. I would never dream of raising these subjects with them.

p.s. If anyone wants to discuss this subject further I'll open a new thread and transfer this and any additional comments there. That will avoid making it difficult for members to find Mikey's answers. :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    Kurt and baob like this.