1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

precognition

Discussion in 'NDE and OoBE' started by kim, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

I've not had an NDE but I have had a lot of precog things. I was away at school and going into the hypnagogic state when I felt I was a pallbearer at my father's funeral. The next morning my brother called me, he never calls me, just not his style, to tell me my father had a heart attack. My father did survive but that was his first heart attack.Many years later I was one of his pall bearers.
    I've had many others of these both in dreams and in waking states. Minor things but things that might have saved me a lot of pain.
    Waking very fast through a factory with a group of people (this was real life) I saw myself fall. We turned a corner and there was a very slippery spot on the floor where if I didn't slow down I would have fallen, not earth shattering but it helped me. Many other minor ones and I've learned to trust my intuition. Lately I'm seeing a lot of things before they happen. I think the veil is very thin.

2. kim

kim Active Member

I usually remember something after it happens, but I am able to know that it was something I experienced in the coma, because there is always a certain vibe to the feelings that go along with what I am seeing. It is like a rerun of a movie. Some things I have plainly seen beforehand, but I don't feel I have a need to produce evidence of the foreknowledge I've experienced. Everyone lives their own life anyway.

3. kim

kim Active Member

I see now Mac that this is an evidence based website. I was reading Roberta's post #21 on the 'Urgent! Please help! are the Spirits...' forum a little while ago. It is easy for me to understand how what I say is unfathomable to someone else. I have evidence of the precognitive scenes stored in my soul and that is the most important place to deposit things relating to Consciousness.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  4. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

I'd hope there would be evidence of all we talk about but that's not necessarily the case. Sometimes we have to trust those who guide us in matters spiritual where it's not possible for evidence to be provided. And take most notice of the matters that appeal to our reasoning, the issues that resonate for us.

What you say, kim, is not unfathomable but has most resonance for you personally as it was a totally personal experience. Some others will be able to identify with what you say, as with Bill Z above. What others make of it I don't know but unless you have recorded an event before it happens there's no way to demonstrate to anyone else that you had precognition. You don't, of course, have to demonstrate that anyway but for me it would be way more persuasive if you had. That's likely to be of no importance to you I suspect and rightly so but I am simply explaining the way I see matters.

Others also claim precognition, that they knew about an event before it actually happened, but unless they've recorded their precognition before the event it can't be proven. And for every event that did come about there might be any number that didn't. ONLY by recording details publicly before an event actually takes place can others have confidence.

I'm not saying this is the case for you, kim, or indeed any other person specifically, but how can a simple-minded onlooker like myself feel confident that an apparently foreseen event was not a memory leak across someone's brain; a memory leak that made it appear that the event was known about beforehand or had been experienced? A similar uncertainty exists around déjà vu.

I stress this is not simply about your own situation but might apply to anyone else in a similar position.

kim likes this.
  5. kim

kim Active Member

Thank-you for being so thoughtful with your response Mac!:)