1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

precognition

Discussion in 'NDE The near-death-experience forum' started by kim marine, Mar 16, 2018.

1. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I experienced an NDE in 1983 and have been experiencing precognitive instances ever since. I am curious if any one else has experienced this as a result of an NDE. I am able to recall scenes that I am experiencing now on earth from, what seems like, the many realms of Consciousness.

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

How many instances have you recorded BEFORE you began to experience them in this life's time frame?

3. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Are you asking if I experienced precognition before the NDE? By recorded, do you mean in a journal or something like that?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  4. mac

No I'm asking if you have a diary/journal in which you actually recorded the events BEFORE you began to experience them in this dimension - the precognition you talked about viz. "I am able to recall scenes that I am experiencing now on earth from,......"

If you didn't record them before you started experiencing them you have no evidence of precognition. It could simply be a memory malfunction, not all that unlikely after the major head trauma you experienced after you were thrown from your bike in Wales and ended up in deep coma.

I'm not saying that's the case, only that it's a possibility......

5. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

No, I did not record any memories before they happened. It was a gift given to me. It doesn't need to be proven to anyone. I was only wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar to what I am still experiencing.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  6. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

I've not had an NDE but I have had a lot of precog things. I was away at school and going into the hypnagogic state when I felt I was a pallbearer at my father's funeral. The next morning my brother called me, he never calls me, just not his style, to tell me my father had a heart attack. My father did survive but that was his first heart attack.Many years later I was one of his pall bearers.
    I've had many others of these both in dreams and in waking states. Minor things but things that might have saved me a lot of pain.
    Waking very fast through a factory with a group of people (this was real life) I saw myself fall. We turned a corner and there was a very slippery spot on the floor where if I didn't slow down I would have fallen, not earth shattering but it helped me. Many other minor ones and I've learned to trust my intuition. Lately I'm seeing a lot of things before they happen. I think the veil is very thin.

7. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I usually remember something after it happens, but I am able to know that it was something I experienced in the coma, because there is always a certain vibe to the feelings that go along with what I am seeing. It is like a rerun of a movie. Some things I have plainly seen beforehand, but I don't feel I have a need to produce evidence of the foreknowledge I've experienced. Everyone lives their own life anyway.

8. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I see now Mac that this is an evidence based website. I was reading Roberta's post #21 on the 'Urgent! Please help! are the Spirits...' forum a little while ago. It is easy for me to understand how what I say is unfathomable to someone else. I have evidence of the precognitive scenes stored in my soul and that is the most important place to deposit things relating to Consciousness.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  9. mac

I'd hope there would be evidence of all we talk about but that's not necessarily the case. Sometimes we have to trust those who guide us in matters spiritual where it's not possible for evidence to be provided. And take most notice of the matters that appeal to our reasoning, the issues that resonate for us.

What you say, kim, is not unfathomable but has most resonance for you personally as it was a totally personal experience. Some others will be able to identify with what you say, as with Bill Z above. What others make of it I don't know but unless you have recorded an event before it happens there's no way to demonstrate to anyone else that you had precognition. You don't, of course, have to demonstrate that anyway but for me it would be way more persuasive if you had. That's likely to be of no importance to you I suspect and rightly so but I am simply explaining the way I see matters.

Others also claim precognition, that they knew about an event before it actually happened, but unless they've recorded their precognition before the event it can't be proven. And for every event that did come about there might be any number that didn't. ONLY by recording details publicly before an event actually takes place can others have confidence.

I'm not saying this is the case for you, kim, or indeed any other person specifically, but how can a simple-minded onlooker like myself feel confident that an apparently foreseen event was not a memory leak across someone's brain; a memory leak that made it appear that the event was known about beforehand or had been experienced? A similar uncertainty exists around déjà vu.

I stress this is not simply about your own situation but might apply to anyone else in a similar position.

kim marine likes this.
  10. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Thank-you for being so thoughtful with your response Mac!:)

11. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Bill Z and Mac, something occurred to me today! It isn't so much precognition, but I experienced time travel, and that is why those pictures of future events appear in my mind. The only big significant things I recall were seeing planes flying towards the World Trade Center, not crashing only flying towards, and my husbands death. The rest of the stuff happens daily, but it is so petty. Like roads I travel on, stores I shop in, people I may visit in the hospital, people I meet and conversations I may have. Being a member on ALF does it to me too. Roberta's last name even does it to me. Your name, Mac, does it to me. When I say "does it to me" I mean gives me familiar vibes.

12. mac

Not directly related but maybe relevant? I'd read another, similar deja vu theory many years ago but the following appears recent.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/what-deja-vu-new-research-science-memory-395278

About 60 to 70 percent of the population reports to have experienced deja-vu at some point in their lives. Explanations for the eery sensation range from our brains forming false memories to being a premonition of events yet-to-come. New research however has challenged previous theories on the phenomenon and instead suggests that deja-vu is simply a result of the brain checking through memories, ensuring that everything is up to par.

Deja-vu is most probably a result of the front regions of the brain checking through our memories and sending signals if there’s some kind of memory error, such as a conflict between what we’ve actually experienced and what we think we’ve experienced, so that we do not have false memories, New Scientist reported.

“It may be that the general checking system is in decline, that you’re less likely to spot memory mistakes,” lead research Akira O’Connor told New Scientist.

This would explain why the phenomenon is more common in younger people, as memory begins to deteriorate with age. Although the majority of us have experienced deja-vu at some point, why don't others experience deja-vu at all? It may be that they either don’t reflect on their memory systems, or their brains don’t make memory problems in the first plus, thus eliminating the need for deja-vu.

In order to identify the origins of deja-vu, the team used fMRI scans of the brains of 21 volunteers while they experienced a triggered deja-vu. The sensation was triggered by using a standard method for creating false memories. The volunteers were told a series of related words, such as bed, pillow, night, dream, but not the key word “sleep,” which bound them together. When they were later quizzed on which words they heard, most develop a false memory and tell researchers they also heard the linking word.

Brain scans revealed that as deja-vu was triggered, areas of the brain involved with decision-making were activated. This was surprising as the team had theorized that the sensation would be more likely to activate areas of the brain associated with memory.

These findings were presented at the International Conference on Memory in Budapest, Hungary last month; while the evidence is strong, it is still only one of many theories explaining this common phenomenon. Other research suggests that deja-vu is a result of your brain undergoing “dual processing” — when your mind accidentally processes the world around you in two parts, rather than a harmonious whole event. Others have theorized that the experience is a ghost of past memories triggered by something occurring in real time. For example, seeing a train pass will remind you of a similar sight you experienced as a child. Our brains, confused by the two similar memories, will experience deja-vu.

13. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I feel this deja-vu that I experience, almost daily, is God, or whatever word you want to use, letting me know that I am on the right path. In no way am I saying if someone doesn't have deja-vu that they aren't on the right path, but the only reason I have deja-vu of this intensity is because of the NDE I experienced and, I DID NOT want to return to my body and continue living in this dimension. I wanted to stay where I was where everything was wonderful, so I take this deja-vu as reminders to keep me going and looking in the right direction. Life does get very discouraging on the earth, and I have come to mentally rely on the deja-vu to some extent.

14. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

I've never experienced deja vu, but I have had what seemed to be precog. For instance, I had a strong feeling of immanent disaster of some kind half a day before the Loma Prieta (1989 World Series) earthquake. When it struck I was relieved that it wasn't worse.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  15. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

During the NDE it was as though I was watching movies. Quite a while ago I was corresponding with Dr. RC Hogan via the website Greater Reality. He said I was viewing my past lives. I feel like some of the situations from those lives are intruding in my present life as thoughts in my mind. It can be very discouraging at times but sometimes the thoughts are good. I think I may be trying to balance God's, or whatever name you want to use, Conscious vibrations in my mind so I can overcome this world and never return.

Amore likes this.