1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

PM...Favorite Form Of Mediumship

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by STEVEN LEVEE, Mar 2, 2018.

1. STEVEN LEVEE

STEVEN LEVEE Member

I see nothing on the site about Physical Mediumship. For someone like myself, who has little or no ability in the way of communicating with the other side, I find this form of mediumship to be the most convincing. I have found through study that there were some amazing PM's throughout the history of Spiritualism. I have also come to find that while there are still some around...there are none with the ability of the old timers...

Has anyone on the site experienced this type of mediumship?

Steve

2. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

AfterLifeForums isn't especially about mediumship hence it doesn't have a dedicated forum for its discussion.

I've experienced physical mediumship but it's not often provided nowadays and was always less common than other 'versions' and continues to be so. I find it sad that some modern-day practitioners claiming to be physical mediums actually are phenomenalists and at least one well-known practitioner was secretly filmed behaving fraudulently.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  3. mareke

mareke New Member

I’ve experienced two instances of the type of mediumship you are referring to. The first I couldn’t fault despite doing my best to figure out how the apparent paranormal phenomena I witnessed that night might have been fraudulently done. The phenomena I witnessed that night in my opinion (I admit I could be wrong) was impossible to do by trickery and I explain why I concluded this in a report I wrote after attending the séance.

The second instance of physical mediumship I witnessed was performed by one of the foremost physical mediums in the world today and I wrote a glowing report about the séance soon after attending it. I then subsequently wrote a second report after I’d worked out what really happened that night explaining how each trick was performed.

The problem I have with physical mediumship is that genuine physical mediumship offering proof of survival is as rare as hens’ teeth and the average person that attends séances is exceptionally easy to fool.

If you want to read the reports I wrote on the two séances I attended do a Google search for a computer forum called Overclockers Australia. After finding the forum go to the Science section and click on the heading at the top titled Views. The topics will be displayed in descending order based on the number of views. The topic with the most number of views is titled Scientists offer quantum theory of soul's existence. It consists of a debate as to whether humans have souls and whether or not there’s an afterlife. My username on the forum is mareke and I argued that humans have a soul and that there is a spirit world which our soul goes to after our physical body wears out.

If it’s just physical mediumship you are interested in scroll down to the heading The Thorny Issue of Mediums and Séances and you’ll find a detailed explanation of why one needs to be very careful with regards to citing physical mediumship as evidence for an afterlife.

Edward

4. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

What do you think of direct voice mediumship as evidence?

5. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

I can't find a Science section on Overclockers.