1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

PLEASE help me believe she's ok.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Karina, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Ninshub

Ninshub New Member

Resources on pets in the afterlife

Hi. This is my first post. Anonymous invited me over to this forum. Thank you anonymous! :)

I just happened to be writing today in another forum on this topic so I thought I'd add what I wrote here if it may help.

Near-death experiencer Jan Price had her beloved dog greet her (as have many other NDErs). Here's her story:
    http://near-death.com/experiences/animals01.html
    Her full book is called The Other Side of Death.

I've heard different NDErs & spiritualists talk about how our animals follow us or "individuate" from their species soul depending on the bond we have with them. I like to think that.

Here's NDE researcher PMH Atwater on the topic:
    http://pmhatwater.blogspot.ca/2008/02/pets-seen-during-ndes.html

I've got the following animal spirit books but haven't read them yet:
    Animals and the Afterlife: True Stories of Our Best Friends by Kim Sheridan.
    Animals in Spirit: Our Faithful Companions' Transition to the Afterlife by Penelope Smith.

NDEr/psychic Alexa Hartung is convinced our loved animals are with us always and talks delightfully about it. See here:
    http://www.fellowshipoftheinnerlight.com/videos.php
    scroll down to December 4, 2011

Also, mediumship researcher Robert Schwartz has a chapter on pets in his latest pre-birth planning book Your Soul's Gift.

2. Karina

Karina New Member

Thank you Ninshub! That's exactly what I was looking for so thank you for your input! If you happen to come across anything else on this topic, please don't hesitate to tell me about it! I want all the info I can get!!

3. Karina

Karina New Member

I agree! It added that little extra touch to it!

4. [BRITISH ACCENT]Here, here![/BRITISH ACCENT]

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

5. moon

moon New Member

Dear Karina, I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my 13 yo Border Collie mix Deirdre in September. I understand how hard this is. One morning - very early - still deep in grief - I heard her bark! It was what my dh and I called her "freshness " bark - you know "pay attention to me right now! " It was not very loud and almost impossible to tell exactly where it was coming from. I might have discounted it altogether if my cat hadn't also reacted! This bark was happy -full of life and so hher. What a gift! What I have found to be most helpful has been to feel the grief rather than resist it. I began to notice where I felt it in my body and what the physical sensations were. I would sit with the pain and take an "inventory ". "My throat feels full ", "legs feel rubbery ", "my stomach is churning", etc. This seems to help a lot and I have used it with clients too. I think that we often find it so hard to sit with the pain of grief b/c it feels so overwhelming this "sensation inventory " seems to help the grief get the acknowledgment it needs so that it can dissipatenmore readily. I hope this helps and I hope it helps to know you're not
    alone. Much love and peace

6. Karina

Karina New Member

Moon,

I HATE to say that i'm glad i'm not alone because i'm sure we both would give anything to have them back, but thank you so much for making me feel like i'm not alone. Sometimes I hate to tell people what's wrong with me because if I tell them, it sounds silly! You know? There are people that have lost children and husbands and wives and here I am not being able to focus because I lost my dog. But if people could understand that its so much more than that. I can't help but wonderif she is okay and if she's thinking about me even though I should already know that! The emotions are just so fresh and raw.

How long did it take for you to start hearing from Deirdre? I guess i'm scared that she may see that i'm keeping together so she may not visit me when really inside, she's all i'm thinking about. It sounds silly but that's the best way to put it.

7. moon

moon New Member

Karina, The way I see it, we did lose our children. Children who never grow up and who depend on us for everything and who have never known another way... It 's so painful because we fear that they don 't understand what's happening to them or where they are - that they are alone and helpless. Well, this not what her bark said! Her bark was joy and freedom and excitement! I'm sure she "chose" that bark to convey this to me. I also had the distinct sense that it was a "gotta go" "bye" bark. It sounds crazy, but I've had this kind of sense before. - once as a child when I lost my dad and later in life when my mom died. It''s like they come to say "I've got a ton of stuff to do - gotta take off!". This happened within days of Deirdre's passing but as I said, I could have easily missed it. I'm sure your baby has given you signs too and will continue to. I suggest that as your grief becomes less overwhelming, they will become clearer. Sometimes our grief fills our whole consciousness and it 's hard for anything else to penetrate... Deirdre has given me little signs here and there since that morning and I 'm sure I 'll get more as will you. Ask for them. I do. I will send as much light and love your way as I can muster Karina. Bless. Pat

8. moon, thank you for sharing this technique for observing the specific effects of emotion -- I think this could be helpful for a lot of people enduring strong emotions. As someone who tends to push feelings aside because I don't know how to handle them, I will definitely be trying this.

As far as the pain of losing a dog vs. a spouse or a child - pain is pain. Viktor Frankl wrote that suffering is like a gas, it completely fills up the available space. (Man's Search for Meaning, an amazing little book.)

9. Karina

Karina New Member

Moon and Celera- Thank you for that. I stilling need classification to keep myself from getting depressed, which i'm trying hard to keep myself busy.

For all the members reading this, I have a question about an encounter that I may or may not have seen, although its very subtle but I don't want to dismiss anything in case it is a sign from Nala.
    I was at Walmart returning an old battery for my car in the automotive section and I was behind a couple customers. One of the customers in front of me was disabled and was sitting in a wheel chair. I happened to look down at his wheelchair for no particular reason, just because I have a habit of looking at the floor when i'm not doing anything and I noticed that he had a small license plate attached to his wheel chair with the name "Bubba" which is Nalas nickname that she would answer me by, other than her name.

I don't want to over look it but I don't want to look too deep into it either. It was just odd that I never see that anywhere up until yesterday a few days after she's passed on. Coincidence, maybe? But I sure hope not...

10. beadtrader

beadtrader Active Member

Karina, I would definitely take that as a sign! Not every sign is a big, fat, in-your-face sign. Some of them have to be more subtle and of the "if you don't look quick, you'll miss it" kind of signs. After all, we're talking about communication with those not in this dimension. Not the easiest thing to do!