1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

PLEASE help me believe she's ok.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Karina, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Hi everyone! My name is Karina Ramos and I am very new to Afterlife Forums.
    I've been reading threads of members in hopes of maybe answering some questions that I honestly never thought anyone asked but my own crazy self, so I knew I had to become a member to share my questions, and "concerns" about pretty much, WHY??
    Yesterday my German Chowbrador, Nala, had to be put down due to cancer in her diaphragm spreading. She was diagnosed in October and by the beginning of November, she was snow balling so rapidly, I was mortified. I might add that she was 14 years old but she was so carefree and so happy and all of a sudden I get hit with this. So for the past 3 months I have been racking up Vet bills, filling prescriptions, cleaning up bloody poo and throw up, cleaning my carpets, and I WOULDN'T have changed it for the world, other than for hope that the cancer would miraculously disappear. Nala has been my rock since the moment my parents got her for me. She's been there for me when I graduated high school, went off to college, first fell in love, heart breaks, my parents divorce, travelling between my parents house with my not so little brother anymore, and now my engagement.

I feel so broken and guilty and I don't know why because I know that I did everything I could to give her such a good life but I guess, I wasn't really prepared for her to go. Even though I knew she wasn't getting any better, Nala was much like "Marley" in the sense that she would chew through plastic, chew through walls, and NOTHING phased her! She was the only thing that was constant in my life and now she's gone and I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out if she's okay, if she's hurting, does she miss me, does she know I love her more than words can express, does she know that I literally did everything I could to make sure she was okay while here on earth. And at the same time, I feel guilty for still wanting her here with me, even after I know she wasn't the same nala she was a few months ago. I also feel selfish for being on here because I know there are people on this board that have lost children and spouses but no one that I know understands that Nala was more than just a "dog" she was my everything. I'm sorry if i'm just rambling on about a whole bunch of stuff. I just have no one who understands the grief and void I feel in my body knowing that I can't see her anymore.

Please help me recieve peace with this. I feel like I am going crazy. :'-(

I also have MANY other questions, but I will save those for upcoming posts as I don't want you guys get tired of me when I just joined lol! I wasn't brought up in church and neither were my parents so I'm filled with questions about the Afterlife and being on Earth and everything in between.

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding. I need as much love as I can get. I'm miserable. :-(

2. Pinkroses

Pinkroses Member

Hi Karina,
    I'm very sorry for your loss. I don't know much about animals and the afterlife, although I have heard that pets live on in the spirit world just like people do. Here is a link to a blog of someone who has had afterlife communications experiences with his deceased dog. Maybe reading these experiences can help you.

http://dog2spirit.wordpress.com/

3. Hi Karina,

I've taken classes in mediumship at a Spiritualist church. We had the spirits of pets come through once in a while. Personally, I had the spirits of three animals come through on different occasions, two dogs and one bird. I'm sure Nala is much more comfortable now, and understands you only acted out of love. I'm sure you will be reunited sometime in the future and Nala only wants you to be happy. Take the time you need to grieve, it is normal and natural, but also look forward to the time when you will feel better.

God bless you.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  4. Thank you Pinkroses, I definitely plan on reading that blog for sure. I need all the help I can get.

anonymous, that's so wonderful to hear! So is it common to be able to communicate with them? I want to make sure she is okay and that she isnt scared. I just don't know how. I am so new at opening my heart and my head to the after life that I don't know where to start. Has anyone else been through this? I feel like i have SO much to learn!

5. Hi Karina,

I think most people have a natural ability to perceive spirits. We all have spirit guides and they guide us by influencing us, so we must be able to perceive them at least unconsciously. I think most people can learn to improve their natural abilities somewhat. However you can't always get the spirit you want to communicate with to come through, even if you go to a very good medium. If you want to learn more I have a web page on the evidence for the afterlife.

6. beadtrader

beadtrader Member

Welcome Karina. It is amazing how hard it is to lose a beloved pet. One of our cats died a couple of years ago and I was surprised at how broken hearted I felt. I'm afraid that I cried more over that little cat than when my mom died last year! Be open to signs from your dog, because pets CAN communicate from the other side. I know from experience that they can! One of our dogs that died came to me in a dream 1 week after she died. In the "dream" she came running toward me looking so happy and healthy! It was great to see her. I heard from her 2 more times. The best evidence came from my skeptical husband. One night he woke me up and told me that he had just heard our "dead" dog plop down on the floor at the end of the bed! Last fall my "dead" cat was coming to me after I went to bed at night. Kind of freaked me out the first few times, but I got over it after a while. I felt her lightly jump on the bed, and then she would walk around and kneed the bed. I could feel the sheets move over my feet! We do have 2 cats but I would sit up to look to make sure it wasn't one of them, and it never was. A "live" cat is much heavier than a "dead" cat! Karina, be patient and hopefully your Nala will let you know she is fine. It took over 2 years for my little cat to give me signs. I haven't heard from her in a while, but it was wonderful while it lasted! Be sure to let us know if you hear from Nala. You did all you could for her when she was alive and she knows that and loves you for that. If there is a way she can communicate with you she will, it might take a while, or it might happen soon. Nala is healthy and happy and will be waiting for you!

7. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Hello, Karina, and welcome
    Losing a loved pet hurts so much; I've been down that road more than once. I will soon experience that heartbreak again, as I believe my beloved Baby Anne, my rottweiler, is not in the best of health, and at the age of nearly 13 they would not consider surgery, and neither would I. She is not in pain; if she were, I would euthanize her as I would never want her to suffer. Her appetite is still very good, but she is much more sluggish and on rare occasions she loses her footing with her hind legs. Right now she is in the foyer shredding a bunch of heavy duty wrapping paper.... she's always loved to shred paper and socks, and earned the title of "Shredder",lol

I really believe our pets continue to live. When I lost my dear German Shepherd about 4 years ago, I actually saw her on two different occasions and frequently sensed her spirit. Are you familiar with Craig Hogan? If so, check out the post about Baldo; if not, and if ok with you, I will send you the link. I'm not going to post the link here because I'm not sure if it'd be ok with the admin. Just send me a PM if you'd like to read the Baldo post.
    You beloved pet is alive, and no longer in pain.
    Blessings

8. Celera

Celera Active Member

Karina,

As you can see in this thread, you are far from alone in this painful experience. Whether she communicates with you or not, all the evidence tells us that Nala is safe, happy and no longer experiencing any pain or illness. She may be with your grandparents or others that she knew in this life, if there are such people over there, but she is surely waiting for your eventual reunion in comfort and happiness.

I firmly believe that when an animal is in physical misery and has no real hope of cure, euthanizing them is often the right thing to do. Remember that animals live in the moment -- they don't spend a lot of time contemplating the past or the future the way we do. Ravensgate's dog, Baby Anne, is a great example of this. We worry about our pets' eventual death, but they don't! Baby Anne isn't mooning about whether she will live another month or year. Who cares? There is paper to be shredded right now! That's all that matters. When "right now" is only pain, then there is no reason to drag it out.

I think this is what pets, especially dogs, are here to teach us. We spend so much time regretting the past, second-guessing our choices, fretting about the future, thinking of reasons to be offended by other people or acting as if the ordinary hardships of life were some sort of unbearable injustice. Or -- as many of us on this forum are inclined to do -- we worry about the grand purpose of our lives, assuming there is some great theme we are supposed to discover and live up to. Dogs do none of this. Their needs are very simple -- if "their" humans live in a mansion or under a bridge, it makes no difference. Their joy is in getting something to eat, or seeing us return home, or chasing a stick or whatever happens next. Their grand mission is to love and be loved, in each little moment. Probably that's all that most of us are supposed to be doing.

9. Beadtrader, Thank you SO much for that, as I have spent the last few days since her passing under my covers sobbing in my pillow. I will have to just be patient and hopefully, she will come to me. At least to tell me she is happy and she's never bored lol! Do you think you will ever hear from your babies again?

Ravensgate, I would very much love for you to send me the Baldo post. Im not quite sure how to PM as Im still a baby here on this site, so please bare with me. Also, I don't mean to sound ignorant in any way but touch mentioned that you sensed your German Shepard's spirit, what does it feel like? Id there any way you can explain it? I don't want to miss out on any opportunity that Nala may somehow be trying to contact me or let me know she's there and I don't wanna dismiss it as, " Eh, i got something in my ear" or something and Im the idiot why should have just hushed and listened.

Cetera, you're so right. I guess my emotions are still so raw, I can't think of anything but how I wish she was still here. As selfish as that sounds.

10. Please excuse any of my typos, as I am using my dumb ol android phone!