1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Physicist, Tom Campbell & Biologist, Bruce Lipton Discussion on our existence (Video)

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Matty Mo, Dec 17, 2013.

1. I had forwarded this to one of my forum friends but I just think this is such a wonderful video that I had to share with the entire community. If you're not familiar with Mr. Lipton and Mr. Campbell's works I highly suggest you look into some of their theories on our existence. I think this video is a great place to start for the uninitiated. There are some pretty deep thoughts from a few great minds but neither one of them speak over the average person's heads either. It's nice to know there are some truly bright minds on the side of us "fringe" thinkers.

You can watch the video by clicking here It's quite lengthy at 1 hour, 42 minutes but well worth the watch. Please let me know your thoughts if you do decide to watch the video.

2. One of the things that keeps me coming back to this forum are all the references to books, websites and videos that are posted. Thank-you.

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

3. There's definitely some great dissemination of information on these forums, no doubt about that.

4. I saw half of the video last night. I've read a book or two by Bruce Lipton, but I never knew that he was on board the simulation bandwagon. There has been so much progress made in the past 20-30 years. Stuff I read about 30 years ago that was just fringe theory has been scientifically validated in the past 10 years. I cannot imagine the new paradigms that they'll come up with in the next 10-20 years.

vic

5. If you like simulation theory, you'll enjoy the movie The Thirteenth Floor.

6. So I went back to watch all the Tom Campbell videos from one of his seminars. Yesterday I watched "Part 4 - simple experimental exercises (healing, remote viewing)". I tried the exercises which consisted of two medical diagnoses, one remote viewing of a picture, and one remote viewing of a scene in the past. I did not get close to getting any of them correct, maybe one partial hit that was a stretch. Out of the twenty of so seminar participants I did not see any signs that anyone got any of them correct. Yet Campbell, without even checking the results of the seminar participants, goes right on lecturing "See how easy this was. Blah, blah, blah." Now I have to wonder if this guy is a little off his rocker. Though his theories still ring true to me, his credibility has been dinged, at least in my estimation.

Anyone else try this? You could probably skip parts 1-3. To summarize he believes that we are in a computer simulation and that everything is kept in a database (Akashic records) and that we can simply tap into this database through intent and letting go of our analytical mind. There's a 27 minute intro that prepares you. The entire video with the experiment and conclusion is 1:11.

vic

7. Hey, I'm with you and I agree he just might be a little off his rocker. However, you and I both know that many great minds, through the years, could be considered the same. One thing I really enjoy about his discussions is that he comes right out and states that he doesn't try to make anyone agree with his theories, he's just putting them out there. This is refreshing to me as I have a very rebellious side to me that is very open to insights, just don't take it to the next level and tell me I have to believe everything you're saying. :)

Now, I've not yet tried what you're referring to Vic, I'm not really interested in the concept of remote viewing so I doubt I would even attempt this. I'm actually more interested in, someday, achieving an OBE or much deeper meditation. I'm already strapped for time anyway so the last thing I need is another metaphysical goal like remote viewing. :)

8. Yeah, genius and insanity seem to work hand in hand. What's interesting, and forgive me for baiting you further, but in the same video (or the previous one?) he has you experience an OBE. But it's rather lame, more like a visualization while he guides you in a meditation.

Did you know that Einstein's second wife had such bad eye sight that once at a formal dinner she mistook the floral centerpiece for a salad, putting some of it on her plate?

vic