1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Physical Mediumship

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by janef, Nov 22, 2014.

1. janef

janef Moderator

Waller,
    Enjoined your interview with Roberta...I missed part of it, so will catch it again. But I was very intrigued about the manifestation of the child belonging to the participant Donna Moncriffe. Did she actually touch her? What was her age?

2. Waller

Waller Banned

To be specific, my friend (and Roberta's) Donna Smith-Moncrief had a friend who attended the seance with her and was the one who was shown the hands, and allowed to touch the fingers, of the newborn that had transitioned to the spirit world. Age? Infant, the hands were tiny like an infant's I think that the point was to produce a spirit-child that was the very age, or near the age, of the infant's death.

Donna related this to me after the seance and later by email, they were across the seance room from me and I was unable to see what was going on. Donna is an interviewee and conference speaker for Roberta, btw, a researcher of physical mediumship.

I can tell you this, there was not a dry eye in the place when Mae, the spirit who was in charge of this manifestation, produced the story of the child and her mother, and the spirit-child. The expression of Donna's friend's face was indescribable, the demonstration highly evidential, proof of the continuity of life.

3. janef

janef Moderator

Thank you for clarifying, I had an important phone call and missed some of this. But WOW... I am impressed.. this is so incredible! I have heard one of her interviews with Donna, look forward to the next one.

4. I loved this interview too. The part about the child was fascinating to me too as was the parts about the ectoplasm and apports. I need to catch up on some of the older interviews.

5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Anyone who follows mediumship in general, and particularly that of physical mediumship, is likely to know that a certain phenomalist has been the subject of searching in-depth investigation this year of his apparent (physical) psychic attributes.

Now Waller Joel has been interviewed by Roberta I think members interested in the subject might also be interested in hearing his views concerning the allegations of fraud that have been swirling around Kai Mugge for some time.

6. According to a book, The Trickster and the Paranormal [George P Hansen], it is not uncommon for those with genuine psychic abilities to resort to fraud once in a while, especially once they have become famous and are in fear of their psychic abilities starting to wane. Though I am not familiar with Kai Mugge.

The Trickster and the Paranormal was a fascinating book covering many subjects in an open-minded way.

7. I wonder if the more money-driven a person is, their gift actually wanes . I've heard that this is so.

8. Waller

Waller Banned

Allegations is all they had after several years of sitting in seance with Kai, breaking bread at his table and getting to know him intimately.

9. Waller

Waller Banned

I don't know if it is any more or less common than fraud in the general population.

10. dopier

dopier Member

The gift probably does not wane, but the spiritual aspect/focus of the individual would perhaps do. In addition, the connection with the spiritual counterparts may suffer in between. I've read about scientists in the beyond that have become disillusioned with how we've used inspired technologies to create destructive materials like nuclear weapons.

11. A recent blogspot has appeared by Hermann Haushahn, a former member of the Hanau circle entitled, " The Felix Circle, or the alleged miracles from Hanau". I have read it and have my own opinions, but I am not supplying the link as this site is not the vehicle for critical discussions, as I see it.

12. Allegations of fraud by Warren Caylor have appeared as the result of a recent event in Australia. I deplore anything which gives genuine physical mediumship a bad name, but anyone who gives public demonstrations of "guaranteed physical paranormal phenomena" in complete darkness is asking for critical questions and doubt in my opinion.

13. mac

I was rather hoping to hear what Waller (interviewed at length recently about physical mediumship) has to say about phenomalist Kai Mügge, given Mügge's high profile and the continuing allegations of fraud surrounding him.

Perhaps others would be interested to hear about the ways it's claimed that false ectoplasm and moving lights are used to dupe sitters at these alleged physical mediumship, some of which are held in the dark or where low light levels make it hard to see what is happening.

It might give them food for thought and leave them cautious about paying big bucks for attending seances with the peripatetic practitioners marketed as physical mediums. Things may not always be what they appear....

KM isn't the only such practitioner but would be a useful starting point for the discussion.

14. mac

duplicate posting deleted

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  15. mac

An open discussion of the events mentioned above is ongoing on website 'Spiritualism Link' (spiritualismlink.com) where Hermann Haushahn is also a contributor.

I rarely make recommendations but for anyone interested in learning more about physical mediumship, and its current rash of problems, the thread http://www.spiritualismlink.com/t2208p240-investigation-into-the-mediumship-of-kai-muegge on this website is certainly one I have no hesitation in recommending.

16. Waller

Waller Banned

This is hard to determine. Take D. D. Home for example. He never charged a penny for his seances which included phenomenon such as body and object levitations and partial and full materializations of spirits in human form. He also was unemployed, stayed, wined and dined with the elite of European and American societies throughout his career. In a way, he was money-driven...without the money :D and his powers never waned.

17. Very good point. Somehow I expect a higher standard of ethics from those claiming psychic abilities. Just like I do from priests. I should realize that we're all human with frailties common to all.

18. Waller

Waller Banned

Dark or not, heavy criticism is part and parcel to any physical medium. Shouts of 'fraud' follow anyone who steps out in the public eye...as I can personally attest.

19. Waller

Waller Banned

I should point out that the audio on my end is not ideal and has nothing to do with Roberta or the Seek Reality technicians. Lousy phone cell connection from inside a hotel room.

20. dopier

dopier Member

Or maybe the elite hijacked him and his gift as is probably always the case? So perhaps he wasn't "money-driven", per se, but they simply took him hostage as I suspect could very well be the case.