1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

pendulum

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Mar 13, 2020.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Here's a section of a thread posted elsewhere some time ago.

"In a simplistic terms a dowser believes that there is a field of energy all around the world that interpenetrates everything (just as Mesmer with Animal Magnetisem, Von Reichenbach with the odic force, Crookes & Cox's Psychic force, Newton's Ether etc etc). Because we are all, at our essence energy, this universal energy field interpenetrates us as wel. Then if we can ignore our conscious brainl and open our subconscious to receive information then we will.

Clearly where we have a conscious investment in the outcome this is likely to interfere with the information received. This energy exchange is also the way in which psychic work occurs. Except in this case we are using this energy field to access the other person's energy field, in which all of their life history, hopes, dreams, aspirations and worries are stored.

Now even sceptical Australian farmers use dowsers ..water diviners and believe in it. Add to that that many dowsers, like Uri Geller and Rev Anne Gehman (who is a very fine psychic and medium too) have made considerable royalty money from mineral companies for the finds they made.

The exercise I do, with a long drop pendulum is a good party piece. I ask people to focus upon putting one of the colours of the rainbow into the glass of water they are holding. I then work round and find the colour involved by adjusting the length of the string. The pendulum only responds to the colour vibration when it is the right length. I have my pendulum duly calibrated and when it responds I tell them the colour they used. It proves two things, firstly we can use our palms to pass energy on (the basis of magnetic healing although doing this rather than spiritual healing will deplete your own energy), secondly there is an energetic connection between my subconscious and the item which allows the access of the required information.

Once again I hasten to say that there are some basic rules and ethics involved in dowsing. These are common to any work in the psychic or mediumistic area.

Jim"

Below is a link to another pendulum piece by Jim Warwood.

Dowsing and your intuitive potential

2. Interesting stuff Mac. This quote “He thought dowsing allowed us to receive the information by connecting our personal unconscious with the collective unconscious” sums it up for me. However, I don’t think I have the intuition required (yet) to tap into this. The pendulum will swing with no help from me to give me concrete answers that I consciously already know but ask it to tell me the name of my grandma’s sister’s budgie and it doesn’t have a clue because ‘I’ don’t have a clue. Funnily enough, it will often still give me a name, just not the correct one. You would think perhaps it would just remain still or give me gobbledygook.

I haven’t tried using varying lengths of string to gauge vibrations. Certainly something I could try.

What has your experience been with the pendulum Mac? Have you had success? Do you have concerns about using it the way I have tried to? As I said in my response to Carol, the last time I used it, I felt very suddenly and completely drained of all energy. It was quite frightening as I couldn’t help but feel a positive ‘being’ wouldn’t use my energy in that way.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

My experience largely matched your own - I did some testing last winter but reached no positive outcome. I concluded it didn't work for me.

I don't have concerns for your trying it on yourself and you are already being cautious. :) That's what I would have suggested but I don't need to! :)

I'm not comfortable that you felt drained of energy though and agree with your conclusion that no positive contact would leave you feeling that way. I don't know if your efforts were achieving trans-dimensional communication but if they were then my usual caution would apply - be careful who you're communicating with and if you can't be sure about your contact's identity then don't continue.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

thanks, Carol :)

I remember you used to use the pendulum for certainty about what you received for passing on. Interesting you both hear Mikey and also see the pendulum working. It's nice your personal communication with Mikey doesn't use both.

In your video I had seen how hard you tried to hold your hand to prevent any movement - I still enjoy watching it - it's quite some time since you made it. How the years pass, eh?

5. mac

mac Staff Member

Might I suggest Thomas should watch your video (if he hasn't already) and then make or buy an alphabet half-circle and try with a pendulum himself, just to see if anything happens?

6. mac

mac Staff Member

I don't think he is in contact that way, Carol, and he hasn't been around ALF since last Saturday.

7. mac

mac Staff Member

Guess I had it wrong....... sorry.

But I couldn't see where you told us you'd already tried using a pendulum. o_O