1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Pendulum vs. Ouija Board

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Corey, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Corey

Corey Member

Hey guys! So I have a question. I have used a ouija board when I was a kid, and after some experience I seemed to figure out that it had a habit of only picking up negative entities, and you never really knew who you were talking to. We were even somewhat convinced that it had unsettled our household a bit and vowed never to use one again. I've read a lot about how Carol Morgan communicates with Mikey with her pendulum, and Roberta mentioned in her book The Fun of Staying in Touch that due to Carol's situation, she hasn't ruled out pendulums as an effective tool for communication with the other side. But ouija boards seem like a pretty agreed upon no no for spirit communication. Yet the two don't seem so different in operation, so couldn't a pendulum also be unsafe? I know Carol always verifies Mikey's identity before she communicates with him, but I'm wondering if one is or isn't less risky than the other.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Hi Corey! It's pretty clear that unless you protect yourself spiritually, ANYTHING that you do to open yourself to entities is likely to attract negative ones - earthbounds, even demons - first of all. The Bible says "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God" (1 JN 4), which turns out to be superlative advice. Carol always calls for Mikey in a formal mantra beforehand, and the one time that she forgot to do that she picked up a negative entity before Mikey came running and said, "Mom! Always call for me!" And every good spiritual medium that I ever have known always goes through spiritual purification before attempting to contact those that we used to think were dead. That being said, it is my informal opinion based upon anecdotal evidence that, yes, Ouija boards are more dangerous for lay use. I wouldn't have one in the house!

3. Corey

Corey Member

Thank you Roberta! What exactly do you mean by "spiritual purification"? Did Carol go through this too?

4. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Hi Corey:
    Re: Ouija Boards, based on my experience with psychological principles, I suspect that the unwanted appearance of "negative spirits or energies" is the projection of "unhealed, negative thoughts, feelings and energies" that were repressed or DENIED inside of the Player and appear to be coming from some unwanted "visitor" to the Ouija session. It would be easy for suppressed fear, anger, sorrow, humiliation, etc. to mysteriously surface when the Player is in a relaxed and vulnerable mental condition but, due to the life long habit of Denying these unwanted or frightening emotions, thoughts and energies, the emerging suppressed energies are seen or experienced as EVIL SPIRITS and shunned or pushed back down into the pit of Denial where they have been kept them for all these years! Psychology can explain how this works better than I but basically we are seeing/feeling our own inner unresolved "stuff" appearing (just like in our dreams) as negative or evil entities OUTSIDE of us! We do the same thing with other people when we see how bad, wrong and evil they are BUT NEVER our selves! An honest investigation often reveals that the bad, wrong and evil we see out there is actually IN US but many of us were taught, at an early age, to ignore, deny or REPRESS our own bad stuff while remaining free to see, blame and punish the bad stuff in others. It's called PROJECTION.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  5. RobertaGrimes

Spiritual purification simply means the welcoming of beneficial entities and the eviction of any that are potentially malevolent. What Carol does is just to call specifically for Mikey: "Mikey, Mikey, and ONLY my son, Mikey!" He is powerful enough to evict and then block whatever negative entities might be around. What most mediums do tends to be a more elaborate calling for spiritual protection, creating a white bubble of protective light, etc. I believe that Susanne Wilson has some suggestions on her website, which is CarefreeMedium.com.

6. RobertaGrimes

Hmmm... interesting theory, Jimrich. Do you have any evidence for it?

7. Corey

Corey Member

Thanks for the help, Roberta! :)