1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

"Peak in Darien" NDE's and Deathbed visions.

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by DarthT15, Feb 7, 2017.

1. DarthT15

DarthT15 New Member

Basically, A specific kind of NDE/Deathbed vision in which the person experiencing it expresses surprise to see someone who, to their knowledge, is thought to be alive. Usually, It's later verified that the person they had seen had passed on either a few days or weeks prior.

There are also cases in which they see someone they've never actually met who they're later able to identify as being either a distant relative or family friend from pictures. However, these could be caused by the brain filling in the details after the picture is seen. Another interesting set of cases are those in which the person seen is actually dying or had died at the exact same time as the NDE/DV is happening.

To me personally, this seems to be the best evidence of an Afterlife.

I found this great paper on the subject by Bruce Greyson: http://deanradin.com/evidence/Greyson2010.pdf

I also found this blog which describes several cases in detail: http://michaelprescott.typepad.com/michael_prescotts_blog/2011/04/a-peek-at-darien.html

I'm curious to know what others think about this, I've found it particularly interesting myself.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Thank you for posting this, DarthT15! The phenomenon of experiencers seeing at their deathbeds or in NDEs people they hadn't known were dead is an excellent bit of evidence that NDEs are indeed real events, and that the mind can exist apart from the body. There are more, too, such as long-distance validations and the fact that people who are blind from birth are able to see for the first time during NDEs. This is all quite wonderful!

Nicole likes this.