1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Past Lives

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Kurt, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I have been told that some people have the ability to see intuitively into their past lives.

I am being serious when I say that the other day someone half jokingly said that in a past life I copulated with a pharaoh's wife which made him curse me into the painful existence I live today.

Personally I always felt like I would have lived during the Russian Silver Age & perished in the civil war.... It would explain a lot (I like the culture, the gloomy zeitgeist, the to hell with communal living & embrace of individualism.

Any thoughts? I found it all to be slightly funny but I could not resist posting it here. I hope that his past life theory brings laughter to some.

2. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Well, and this is just my personal take on it, I do think that "someone" was joking. ;)
    Regarding past lives, there was a time when I had serious doubts, but I no longer do.
    I have read that if you are particularly attracted to a time period or if you dream of different time periods, that it might be the recollection of a past life.

If you are interested in reincarnation, may I recommend the works/research of the late Dr. Ian Stevenson (University of Virginia), who founded the Division of Perceptual Studies.
    The Division is now headed by Dr. J. Tucker, I believe.

Kurt likes this.
  3. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

The only past life I find any value in is my current past, starting with early childhood up. The whole point being to learn what went wrong and correct it to do better from NOW ONWARDS. Should I somehow "recall" something from a past life (before this one), I'd use the same tactic to do better from now onwards should I find horrible mistakes by me back then. IMO, the whole point of "memory" is simply to do better the next time and the next time and the next time, etc.

Kurt likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

The pharaoh ? Yeah I took it as a joke. I said I must have pissed off Satan by hitting the jackpot of misfortune saying he wanted it. Then he gave his reply as stated above...