1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Past life regression

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Convolution, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

Hello everyone, just joined the forums. :)
    My fiancee did a past life regression session recently. She felt as if she was constantly pressured to imagine something, and so she says that imagine she did, seeing scenes, etc. She felt as if she was making it all up.
    On the other hand, the therapist was very insistent and convinced that she had experienced a real past life, since he said her descriptions were very detailed, consistent and very relevant to her current life. In the end, she says she felt quite uncomfortable with the pressure and expectation.

I am pondering doing a session myself, but I don't know what to make of her experience. Do we make up past lives? Sometimes, at the very least, it seems to be the case. How could we tell the difference? Why is it that I notice that in most sessions, therapists don't seem to try and get the patient to come up with new information, and thing that can overall be objectively validated? Are they concerned at the lack of veracity themselves?

Thank you for reading :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

Perhaps you need to find - if past-life-regression is important to you for some reason - a different therapist. Plainly your fiance wasn't comfortable with what she experienced which seems to me a very good reason not to re-visit that practitioner.

Maybe but maybe not.... What are you expecting from a regression session?

How many therapists have you visited, how many have you felt dissatisfied with? For me to decide what would be authentic past-life regression I would need evidence I could relate to. What would work for you?

I can't speak for practitioners or how they operate what is very likely their business, how they support themselves. Do you feel you've had value-for-money with what you've experienced? If not what will you do next?

3. Convolution

Hi Mac, thank you for your reply.
    We are looking into another one, though there aren't many options in our area. We'd also like to do an LBL session.
    Personally I am trying to validate whether such a thing as past lives exist. Seeing things, some of which I'd hope to also validate, could do that for me. If it happens to help me with growth and healing as well- great!
    I have gone to a few therapists in my life, and have found a couple of good ones. Never for hypnotherapy.
    I don't think my fiancee would think she got value for money, for sure. There were no breakthroughs whether towards her personal growth or our goal of discovering whether there is more to this life than its visible physical aspects.

The kind of evidence I'd look for are two fold:
    1- The circunstancial kind- seeing images that I felt came from a source other than my brain, feelings and details hard to invent on a whim. This one would be secondary, imo.
    2- The objectively verifiable kind- data, names and happenings that can only be verified with thorough research on my part that I am certain could not have come from daily or prior exposure to common knowledge, etc. This one is primary to my desire to validate whether or not there is more.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

OK, thanks :) I wish you well in your search.

5. Convolution

Thank you!
    Is it common for people to feel like they are making up a story in their minds, as they go through PL Hypnotherapy?

6. mac

mac Staff Member

It's not something I've ever studied, not anything that interests me, so I really haven't a clue. I don't know who of our members have tried a past-life regression session so I'm hoping someone who has will respond to your questions.

Convolution likes this.
  7. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

My past-life regression felt pretty real! Weird - I was a Cro-Magnon man wearing skins and with very dirty feet - but real. The best regression therapist I know says that regressions often feel like something you are imagining.

8. Convolution

That sounds pretty cool, Roberta. I guess if you go back that far, it gets pretty hard to verify.

Why does that therapist say that? If it feels like you are imagining, then... aren't you possibly imagining? Did he have an explanation or insight as to why it would feel that way and possibly still be objectively real?

bluebird likes this.
  9. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Our minds are part of the Mind that continuously manifests this universe. And aspects of our minds - like emotions and like imagination - are in fact not just peripheral and private, but they are part of Mind and immensely powerful! And when you ask your mind something, the very first thing you "imagine" is in fact an answer from your powerful and eternal mind.

10. Convolution

I do love the idea that all is consciousness and the world is a result of consciousness/thought. All is imagined, in a sense. I've read it in a few places, and there are a couple of researchers that are trying to create some interesting testable theories on that.
    It could make a lot of sense.

However, I'm not sure about getting reliable answers from imagination. Do you get reliable hits about reality that way?

I know that the answers I get, at least, are not always on par with the reality I discover. So, in that view, either that mind is lying to me or it isn't the best way for me to access it.