1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Paining the Afterlife

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by LakeLady, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Is it possible to harm in some way or injure your soul, such as by taking part in an activity?

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

My goodness, LakeLady, at first I thought you were asking whether it is possible to sprain your soul if you overindulge in certain sports! But I think that instead you are asking something deeper: whether it is possible to engage in something that would actually damage your eternal mind (or soul), like perhaps witchcraft or voodoo.

I don't think that anyone can definitively answer this question, but based on channeled messages from ascended beings I believe that the answer is No. All the afterlife evidence tells us that your eternal mind is inextricably a part of eternal Mind, which is the only thing that's real. Everything else that we perceive to be real is actually illusion which is created by Mind.

This is not to say that by deliberately choosing evil you can't set back your spiritual progress. Of course you can! But apparently what happens is that your mind creates illusions of evil in which it dwells for a bit; but it can end those illusions, and in doing so it will return to being whole and pure. It hasn't been injured, in other words. It just chose to detour briefly. Even the most depraved and evil person that you can imagine is an essential part of eternal Mind, and every effort will be made eternally to restore that confused soul to the purity which is its natural state.

I don't know how much sense this is making to readers not familiar with the afterlife evidence. What actually is going on is so different from what your senses tell you is going on that if you really are interested in better understanding the nature of your eternal mind, you might begin by reading The Fun of Dying - Find Out What Really Happens Next!, since it gives brief summary answers to these questions which don't require a lot of prior knowledge. And if you are interested in delving deeper, at some point in your life you should find a good study group and delve into A Course in Miracles. The Course purportedly was channeled in the nineteen-sixties by Jesus Himself as a restatement and completion of His Gospel teachings, and it is so beautifully written and so profound that really learning its teachings can take many years of study. It is well worth the effort! I know of no more certain way to literally transform your whole life for the better.

A Course in Miracles offers a succinct answer to your question, LakeLady. It says, "Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Therein lies the peace of God." Mind is the only thing that is real, and Mind cannot be harmed. Isn't that comforting?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2010
    Widdershins3 and kim marine like this.
  3. To sum up the previous post: the closest you can realistically get to injuring a person's soul is to make him or her into a total jerk. The good news being that those who are already total jerks-- the only people that might seem deserving of such a fate-- will probably get their due without your intervention. Basically a sort of Karma Lite(TM) system: all the schadenfreude, half the guilt :D

4. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

That is a verse that makes sense to me, since I think we are all IMAGES of Christ and he holds all of gods conscious light beams together. When we take a picture with a camera all the beams of colorful light, or photons, are somehow consolidated on a film and developed to form an IMAGE that we are able to recognize and there is much more we are able to do with photons. If we can do that shouldn't gods' son, Christ, not Jesus, but Christ be able to consolidate all of gods invisible conscious light beams together on Spirit and become visible? I am not degrading Jesus because he was the perfect and visible IMAGE of God in human form, an Old Soul and my mentor, since I was raised in a Christian culture.

There is no pain in the eternal dimension. We are made from the Source consciousness, so if we suffer-It suffers, and we have an eternity to mature. We are expressions of God.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017