1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Out of body experiene query?

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Storybud68, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

A few years ago i had what i thought at the time was an out of the body experience while i was asleep.The feeling was amazing i was floating around my house looking down going wherever my mind wanted to go.As i looked down in the rooms and beds where my family should have been they werent there.My point is some people claim this is your soul leaving your body ,if this was the case i should have been able to look down and see them my family in bed in real time?Im logical enough to know that it was just some sort of lucid dream.So i only believe an obe if they are seeing things in real time with there soul.this makes perfect sense rather than wishing it was your sour leaving your body.i would love to hear your views on this.?thank you

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

In fact, for you to see familiar things looking different during an OBE is common. Bob Monroe, who is the father of OBE travel, used to talk about leaving his body deliberately and finding himself in a mimic of his room that looked in subtle ways different from the physical room. He surmised that there is a non-material mimic of our material spaces that we can enter when we leave the body, but I don't know that anyone has yet figured out why this happens.

3. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

Intresting stuff roberta.but is not just quite simple the fact is that its quite simply a kind of dream.I know people want it to be someting else.buts it seems black and white to me that its definitely not your soul .

4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Only you have spoken of 'soul' anyway but how much do you know about soul in the first place?

And based on how much research/ knowledge/understanding do you draw when you suggest it's just a dream that Monroe experiences?

5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Your comment presupposed that the material world that you see around you is the real world. In fact, there is so much evidence that it is a Mind-created illusion - in essence, this world is the dream - that we know this easy answer simply cannot be trusted. There is much more going on! Bob Monroe came to think simply that this mimic of his material bedroom that he entered when he consciously left his body was an aspect of the astral plane, which is the non-material reality that even scientists know makes up 95% of reality. Our afterlife is in the astral; the places where NDEs happen are in the astral; and out-of-body travelers travel in the astral. But he was fully conscious when there - he knew he wasn't dreaming! - and he found the whole thing to be both interesting and amusing.

And the word "soul" is a religious term. I have no idea why it belongs in this discussion! What do you mean by it?