1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

our world

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by mac, Feb 13, 2020.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

The pace of change in this modern world can be breathtaking at times.

Over 15 years ago when my wife and I began RVing this wonderful land, the USA, we had to hunt to find any news about our homeland. I'd think I'd done well to find a few important news items on the BBC website after we'd managed to find a campground with sufficiently robust WiFi to get connected.

Nowadays I listen live via the web to the same news bulletins on the BBC that I listen to when I'm back home in summer. And for the past week or two I've been listening to 15 minute programmes telling the stories of 'green pioneers', individuals who began campaigning on ecological issues many years ago.

A broadcast about Chico Mendes, (chico mendes death - Google Search) and his eventual murder, was one that got me wondering - are these guys literally 'inspired by spirit' to campaign the way they have done? Desperately trying to get us to think about saving our world - our only world - from an unpromising future? Are the actions of such campaigners literally spirit-inspired, examples of the way our friends unseen intervene in our physical dimension?

Recently we saw schoolgirl Greta Thunberg on the international stage. I wonder if she is being guided/inspired/encouraged/motivated because she already had a passion about so-called green issues or was she inspired to start?

Perhaps many individuals incarnate with missions to help our world and perhaps it's been the way that those 'overseeing' events in our world have always been involved from a distance, mostly without mortals' awareness?

DenverGuy likes this.