1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Our experience with "the white light" and letting go of our fears. Please share.

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by poeticblue, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Highlander

Highlander Active Member

Yo, poeticblue. I'm here anytime. Just kinda lame at getting back to people sometimes. Doesn't mean I don't care, so hang in there with me.

2. janef

janef Moderator

Wow Highlander.... quite amazing stories. What I am beginning to see is we get what we need when we need it. My experience with an OBE was spontaneous as well... I had no knowledge of such things. But, it came at a time when I was in a deep depression and needed it. I now know there is no real death, we just go to a different demension. It has made me more curious about the afterlife...having more questions than answers.
    btw.. I saw Theresa Caputo as well in SJ this summer... I live here too. I know mediums are for real as well. My husband who was skeptic, got a personal message from his Mother thru a medioum last month. It was undeniable. She said very specific things and even a name no one would have known about. Hope you are here often. Thanks for sharing... Cheers!

3. Highlander

Highlander Active Member

I'm thinking it's also that we get what we can accept and what we're ready for. Believe me, it's a truly mind-boggling experience to have a high level being visit you from another dimension
    and give you medical information that is unknown to our medical establishment. I'm going to revisit your OBE post. Cheers to you also!!

4. poeticblue

poeticblue member

It is a full house tonight. I feel like Fievel in American Tale and that damn cat... we are like family.

5. janef

janef Moderator

I bet it was!!! I am so excited to hear this, I do not doubt you AT ALL!!! Amazing what really exists that we dont even know about yet. I didn't actually tell my OBE story completely, so I guess I should find the journal I wrote in right after it happened and write a Blog about it. When I told people right after it happened, they just looked at me like I was an Alien... or hummmmm.... and... so what else is new? lol,,,, Happy to find a forum to share with people who believe, because this stuff is REAL... and exciting.

6. Filip

Filip New Member

Poeticblue Yes i told a friend of mine about it and she accepted it,she didn't laugh at me at all!
    I don't think it was a sleep paralysis however,as when i saw the light increase,i woke up immediately...
    And i could move normally! I just had a feeling of terror inside me.
    As for a sleep paralysis,i copy from another post the experience of my brother:

My brother,had once a sleep paralysis. He told me he was paralyzed and couldn't speak,while a black human-like figure with yellow eyes stared at him!
    Then he managed to empower himself and turn the other way,telling something like "Jesus is my savior",and he slept normally. However,when he woke up in the morning the numbing had remained in his hand!

7. Filip

Filip New Member

Personally,i never had a sleep paralysis,although i always sleep supine,
    and i have read these things happen only when you sleep supine,just never had one...

8. poeticblue

poeticblue member

When you sleep supine on your back you are more prone to experiencing astral projections. It is easier for the astral body to project when you are on your back rather than on your side or stomach. I try to sleep on my stomach with my face down to avoid so many projections. That worked for a little while.. but now it doesn't even matter what position I am in. Your brother was right in praying and remaining calm. This figure that he saw was not real. Once we are in the astral state our minds project any and everything . That is why it is important to remain calm about these things. If we don't remain calm then our own thoughts and emotions will start projecting out in front of us. We need to make sure that our minds are clear so that we can receive the true and spiritual messages. All of these demons, dark shadows..... if you see any of that then tell them to take a hike. A lot of these shadows that we see is our own astral bodies but our human minds do not know how to analyze any of this and so we start seeing creatures, shadows, demons... we start getting scared and seeing things that aren't even there. Its best to just clear the mind and remain calm. There is nothing in the dark that wasn't already there in the light :)

9. Filip

Filip New Member

Well,neither i believe that sleep paralysis is something to really worry about...I don't believe that entity,whatever it is,
    can physically hurt you!
    I've got a question for you concerning your astral projections/OBE/phase,i don't know which name is more widely used nowadays...
    When you have those experiences,you can induce them at will or they simply happen?? I've read about "Astral Dynamics" by Robert Bruce,but i still
    don't understand if these experiences are indeed real or a kind of creative imagination. For instance,i can also travel to many places using my imagination,i've done it a lot of
    times,but i can't say it was an actual experience,just imagination!!

10. janef

janef Moderator

I know the question was not for me, but I will share that my OBE/STE or whatever, was not induced. It came about spontaneously during a deep trance state of self-hypnosis/meditation. I was not even familiar with them. They are not like a dream at all. It is a very real experience of total perfection, immense Love and Peace, expanded awareness and knowledge that we do not die, that we live in a multi-dimensional Universe. It was life changing for me. I have not been able to do it again, tho I hear it is possible. I hope everyone can. Good Luck.

I also want to say there was no fear or negativity in my experience. It was like it didn't exist.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013