1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Our experience with "the white light" and letting go of our fears. Please share.

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by poeticblue, Dec 13, 2013.

1. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I remember when I was a young teenager, I dreamt that I was going through a white tunnel at rapid speed. The colors that were surrounding me were purple, yellow, and bright white. This tunnel was not intimidating at all. I felt like I was surrounded by pillows of clouds illuminating color. I remember that I just kept going and going and going. It was almost like a vortex. When I reached the end of the tunnel, I ended up in a field full of roses... At that point of the dream I woke up.

I just want to lay it out on the line. Does the afterlife exist? Suck on a tootsie roll pop and let me know how many licks it takes to get the answer. Unless there is proof that the afterlife does not exist, then there is no need to speculate. Show me proof that it does not exist and then I will speculate.

If anybody, (and I mean anybody) has experienced dreams like these, then I invite them to share it with the world right here and right now. Even if you have not experienced these visuals/sensations, feel free to comment. It has been far too long that children have been told that they are making up things. It has been way too long that our own friends and families would laugh for dreaming about a beautiful place with tigers that do not bite and plants that do not die. I don’t mean to be over the top (or maybe I do) but I’m sick of the hiding and the fear. Hiding behind our human-bodies consciousness (earth-made), generates fear. There is no need to fear. Embracing our subconscious (soul-made) generates freedom. Too many chains have been put upon us with this ridiculous indoctrination that God is to fear. So in order to experience the kingdom of heaven, you must put 5 dollars in the tithes and offering plate?! Now I don’t know about you, but I have bills to pay. And if God wants to send to me hell for not going to church and paying my tithes, then he better have a hefty fan for me when I get there. (Insert humor just in case)

We don’t need a church to be close to God. I can go to the park or the movies if I wanted to worship. Makes no difference where we are. We can worship in our own dreams (which we do). I don't really know what else to say without going off topic. I encourage other people to reply. No more hiding.

2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Perhaps for you there is no need to speculate whether or not the afterlife exists, and there are many people who share your view, and it is a valid viewpoint. However, there are also many people, like myself, who do need to speculate as to whether or not the afterlife exists, and that viewpoint is equally valid. I'm not asking you to speculate, I am just saying that your way is not the only way, and that just because you don't feel the need for something does not mean that the need does not exist for other people.

That said, I do very much agree with you that if there is a God and if a person wants to be close to that God, it isn't necessary to belong to a church or attend church services. Some people like the ritual and community of a church/temple/mosque/coven, etc., which is fine, but other people prefer to interact with whatever they view as God on their own, wherever they are, and that is fine too. Each person who has faith in a god has the right to interact with that god however s/he sees fit, based on her/his own beliefs.

3. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I just asked if there were any people who have experienced the white light in their dreams or have felt that they have experienced the afterlife in their dreams. I expressed feeling out of place and that nobody needs to hide or send money to the church.

4. bluebird

And I agreed with your point about people not necessarily needing to attend church in order to interact with god.

5. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Yes you did, but I am not looking for your approval.. I was just posting a thread.

6. When I was doing the ACIM workbook one of the earlier lessons had to do with a white light. That night when I went to bed I 'saw' in a dream a bright white cross shaped light that "opened up the very fabric of reality". That was a thought that was impressed on me, by impressed I mean that it was not the usual mind chatter.

I was at a hermitage and had a dream about a brilliant white star. When I woke up I looked outside to see if there was a full moon, or Venus shining. I did see a brilliant constellation that was quite remarkable since I am rarely anywhere that does not have light polluted skies.

While doing a meditation recently with someone from another country we both reported a saucer-shaped white light that faded to a dot and disappeared. That was quite amazing as we had some sort of telepathic connection.

But although all these incidents are very cool when they happen, I'm not really too sure what they mean, if anything, other than they focus me on the spiritual/metaphysical realm of existence. Maybe that's their purpose...

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

7. bluebird

I know you aren't looking for my approval, and that's not what I was offering. I was simply agreeing with one of the points you made.

8. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Thanks for your story Vic. I am not worried as to whether these experiences really happened or not.. I was asking for stories and experiences… Something weird just happened but I will save it.
    This thread was not about who’s opinion was more valid which is what you brought up bluebird. It is time to move on. I actually thought you were going to reply about something spiritual. Got my hopes up and everything.

9. bluebird

poeticblue, I mentioned about both views being valid because in my opinion you acted as though only yours was, as though not needing to question whether or not there's an afterlife was a done deal for everyone, which it is not. and I did agree with part of what you said, about not needing to be in a church in order to interact with god.

If I'd had a dream like the kind you mentioned, I would have shared it, but I haven't. You said "Even if you have not experienced these visuals/sensations, feel free to comment.", so I did. that's all. i'll leave you to your thread, as I've nothing else to add.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  10. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear beloved Poeticblue, I saw that white light flash when I was eight years old. Nearly sixty years later, the memory of it is as intense as it was right after it happened. I saw it again when I was twenty: same light; same voice speaking out of it. All of it is real. You are right, and in having the experiences that you do you are very much blessed ;-).

11. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Okay... well thank you Roberta...

I am not sure how to reply to this anymore since this was not meant to be a debate... I was just sharing a moment for people who have felt out of place all of their lives and not for one moment.

12. Celera

Celera Active Member

I think bluebird just mistook the intent of your first post, poeticblue. I know I misread it the first time myself, I skimmed it too hastily and thought you were saying something different.

When I read more carefully I realized you were saying that it can be scary to share your experiences because people may not believe you. I'm sorry that is what happened to you -- personally I feel rather envious of those who have some experience that makes everything real for them. Most of us have to muddle along with just reason, hope, and best guesses.

So, I hope you won't be discouraged about this thread. If not a lot of people post their experiences here, it might just be because most of us aren't that lucky.

13. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I am fine. It can be a lonely walk in the park when treading this kind of territory. It can be so lonely that even I begin to question myself. But I cannot think like that. I would be doing myself and all of my spiritual guides a huge disservice if I just swept this all under the rug. There is no need for me to make any of this up and purposely subject myself to skeptics if I wasn't absolutely sure. It already hurts feeling out of place as it is. Maybe a lot of people really don't dream or have astral projections. It is what it is. I am just giving other people a chance to speak about their experiences. There will be emotions that follow most of the things that I say, but in no way was I saying one way was the right way. Whatever was mis-interpreted, was probably based on preconceived emotions towards previous posts in the past. I will come back to this later with something relating to the subject. Thanks though ~~

14. Celera

Celera Active Member

Personally, I have a lot of dreams, although I'm not aware of having any OBEs or astral projections. Most of my dreams don't really seem like they could be visits to the afterlife -- often I am lost in a big city or can't get to the airport in time or I'm in my childhood home looking for things that I left behind when I moved out 35 years ago. The other night I dreamed I was in a house in a bad neighborhood, and there was shooting and danger and I was worried about my kids.

I've had a couple of dreams that seem more spiritual in nature, but it's not usual for me, and I have never dreamed about a white light or some of the other things you and Roberta describe.

15. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

I have had some great dreams and signs. No white light experiences. Would love to though!
    Carol

16. I have not had a white light experience but I'm happy for those that do. It sounds wonderful.

17. 99% of my dreams are like yours. I only get a handful of really awesome dreams a year. But the mundane dreams can reveal patterns. I get the "going through a bad neighborhood to get home" dreams a lot. Oddly, although I feel concerned for my safety, I never feel fear and always feel protected almost as if I'm viewing it from inside a protective bubble.

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

18. janef

janef Moderator

I have had experiences with the afterlife, but never saw the white light, as you and many others do, or the colors either. Mine was like floating in the Spiritual realm, twilight, complete silence and so much love and peace, absolute perfection. There were spirit guides with me but I didn't see them. I had complete knowledge all at once, like understanding everything and having no questions. But I couldn't hold on to what I learned after I returned. I had a higher vibration throughout my body for a few days after and heightened awareness. It was the most powerful experience I have ever had. But I did not experience a God or religious figure. It seems I learned we are all a part of everything. It changed my life quite a bit. This occured spontaneously during a self hypnosis session. An OBE as I later learned... I had never heard of it.

Thanks for sharing yours...I love hearing from everyone's experiences.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  19. janef

janef Moderator

My recent post was a reply to you... sorry, I'm just learning to navigate this forum.. new at this. I am totally in touch with what you are saying! Been there... no deaf ears here. Keep sharing. Love hearing... I am a believer, but I know what you mean about "lonely".. as I have tried to tell people and they dont believe it or ask if I was using drugs ... that is why I am here.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  20. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I posted a reply to you just now and it did not post.... Well..I just can't stand anything these days its so frustrating. But I have read everything that everybody has said. I am glad that you all are choosing to share your experiences (and lack thereof) on this forum. Janef.. you are not alone! You are awesome!