1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Our Coming Death...

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by innerperson, Feb 4, 2019.

1. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Same with me, Ruby. There are certain things that I associate with my husband's death, because they occurred around that time, and so I can't have anything to do with them. Even just things that he & I did together, like certain tv shows we watched, particular meals we ate -- I can no longer watch those tv shows or eat those foods.

innerperson likes this.
  2. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

Thank you Roberta for such beautiful messageā™” And yes, i agree 100 percent that it is important for others to hear this when their loved one pass away. Actually today I faced the most amazing thing. In the eyes of person who just lost his mother and came completely empty i saw a great sparkle of hope and reasurance. We spoke a lot but the change happened when he asked if i believe that spirit goes on. I said for him that i dont believe, i KNOW that. I was completely amazed of how fiercefully it went out from my mouth. Im not very emotional speaker normally. More listener. It even felt a bit that it was not me who was speaking because it was with such big power. I didnt shout or so, i speak about weight of those words. I could feel that and it was healing for me too. Before he came i was very sad. Such a "crying baby in a victim role" from very morning. As he came i picked myself together. After he left i felt so strong feelings in my heart. I felt so much better. I really had to hear myself saying that and i had to see the power of those words in person who was completely crushed. Im very glad that i was not the only one who felt this way. Before leaving he said how much he need to hear this and that hope and strenght came back to him. It was so special for me to hear that. During lunch i could feel him watching to my side. I didnt look back but i felt he didnt feel empty anymore.

Bill Z and innerperson like this.
  3. innerperson

innerperson Member

Helping others have never failed to not only snap me out of my own misery but also make me feel genuine happiness. :)

4. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

71 mac ,sure only a young fella by today's standards

5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

young? Statistically I'm in the last decade of my life, 79 years being the average age of death for males in the UK. I'm writing about death and afterlife issues daily but it's a sobering thought that before too long (statistically) I'm fairly likely to be on the other side of the divide again. ;)

I've always had an interest in all general news, environmental and science issues but now when I hear about longer-term plans, projects and concerns I'm very much aware that I ain't gonna be around to see the outcomes!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019