1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Our Coming Death...

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by innerperson, Feb 4, 2019.

1. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

Thank you, poeticblue, that is very sweet. Over time, I've come to feel much the same way about you. ((((hugs))))

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Innerperson, I have seen so many instances of people who had no idea they were about to leave actually wrapping up their lives during up to a year before their deaths that I have come to consider the phenomenon to be common. Loved ones come together after years or decades apart and reconcile; husbands tell wives the secret passwords; people take bucket-list trips; people re-write their wills. It's not about disposal of the body so much as it is a tidying-up of things for those they love.

innerperson likes this.
  3. innerperson

innerperson Member

Wow, a year is pretty good to make amends and hit that bucket list. :)

4. mac

mac Staff Member

Roberta said "....up to a year...". There's not a fixed period preceding the final event. ;)

innerperson likes this.
  5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I know of one instance where a good friend clearly began doing these things almost exactly a year before his death. Another person I knew less well died last fall, and for him it seems to have been just a few months. A young man of 20 whose father I am about to interview on Seek Reality had an absolute transformation of personality about three days before his death. So, it seems to vary!

innerperson likes this.