1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Our Coming Death...

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by innerperson, Feb 4, 2019.

1. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Thank you, mac. I hate that this is who I've become, but there really isn't any changing it, not during this life.

2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Prior to my husband's death, I was never a depressed person (well, aside from a month or so when our cat died, which did really make me depressed). I've always had anxiety issues, but was generally an optimistic person, who looked forward to at least some things. Not anymore. I know what it's like to not be depressed, but that time is over for me. From your description, it's clear that you do know what it's like to be depressed. I'm glad things are better for you now.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Your ideas about disposal arrangements mirror my own.....

As we're not US citizens, this past winter I've looked into the least expensive way to deal with disposal if either or both of us kick our clogs here. The local funeral places are required by state law to offer inexpensive cremation so I'm opting for that, ashes to be spread in the Sonoran Desert nearby if I can arrange it or maybe shipped back to the UK if they'll fit in someone's suitcase without sending it over the weight limit. Always assuming anyone wants my ashes back in the UK and is out here in the first place to take 'em back - can't say I'd want anyone else's ashes though!

A bar tab would be nice and would support the local economy a little. ;)

4. tintoela

tintoela New Member

Like the other, I don't know if it would really be about making final arrangements and getting things in order. But there could be a subconscious awareness for some.

The week before my partner died was filled with lots of social things. We saw his grandparents, parents, and a bunch of friends every day when prior to that we had just done normal things together. When I reflected back, it did feel like final goodbyes. But he wasn't consciously aware.

innerperson likes this.
  5. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I’ve actually grown to accept and appreciate who you have become. Though we don’t see eye to eye, a part of me is glad that we’ve crossed paths.

bluebird likes this.