1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Ouija boards

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Maria, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

All I know is what I sense internally. Maybe it's a useful tool, but a drill or chainsaw is a useful tool too. You don't stand in a water puddle and plug in 120/60 and drop the cord into the water. Look both ways when you cross. We need to use precautions. Everything I've read suggests a circle of salt to keep out bad shit. Just sayin.

2. Monika

Monika Active Member

I never used this ouija board and don't really know what exactly it is. I do communicate with my Michel using pendulum and letters. I do not have any fear that someone else could answer questions instead of him as all my thoughts and intention is just to him all time 100 percent. Just one time he had a message for me from someone else. So i said this message for the person for who it was. Often i feel other energies around me. I know it is not Michel because then i do not feel comfortable. If it does not feel good for me i concentrate to this energy. I greet him or her and say that i sence their presence, i know that they are here, it is fine if they feel comfortable around me. After such "conversation" i feel everytime good again. Personally i do not believe in any negativity. I think no one of them wants to harm or do bad. Maybe sometimes they can feel also not comfortable in our presence and we can sence it. I used to spend hours and hours in crematorium. I felt there lots of energies. One time there was someone who wanted me to go away. I said i won't leave. I said i am here for my love, i feel i must be here and i will be here. Leave by yourself if you don't like me or better just lets be friends and so i will greet you also everytime i come. After we never had any troubles anymore and could tolerate each other.
    I also believe that there we are same like here. And when i think about if i would be in spirit and someone would keep asking questions or doing something just from curiosity or for fun (without no deeper wish of understanding) i would be nasty spirit and show for them "where legs grow from". Then i would probably be called bad spirit. But i am not bad. Not at all. Just everyone need respect.
    I also can be very wrong with my point of view but this is how i feel and experience. Being friendly and open works in this life. So it works there same too.

3. dingodile

dingodile Member

Really? That's news to me. A quick Google search didn't turn up anything on this reversal, but maybe I just missed it.

I used a Ouija board a few times as a kid. As far as I remember we didn't get any interesting messages and we lost interest pretty quickly.

As I see it, the Ouija board is closely related to automatic writing, and indeed there are cases where people quickly "graduated" from one to the other. One of the most famous cases is that of Pearl Curran, who wrote as Patience Worth. Of course the case was very controversial, but if you accept the hypothesis that spirit beings can communicate in this way, there doesn't seem to have been anything evil about Patience Worth.

4. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

Another of like origin is Jap Herron, a charming Bildungsroman alleged to be authored by Mark Twain. One of the two women who labored over the planchette had tried previously to contact Patience Worth, but without success, we are told. The New York Times book review even mentioned that a third such book had been authored, but what that one is it doesn't say. Jap Herron is now free of copyright concerns (Twain's daughter had sued to suppress it) and is now available for free on Project Gutenberg and archive.org, among other places.

5. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

6. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I don't follow why automatic writing would be seen as closely related to using a ouija board. Would you please explain which aspects seem similar to you?

7. mac

You appear to have your pendulum communication under good control. Like yourself, former ALF member Carol Morgan used a pendulum to communicate with her son Mikey. Both you and she have very specific persons you speak to regularly. Someone using a pendulum to contact just anyone who is around and prepared to 'talk' is in a different category to you guys.

Please remember that as a discarnate individual you would be under no obligation to respond to any incarnate who has no connection to you. (or indeed even to someone who does have a connection) Those discarnates who do respond to an approach from a ouija board user have chosen to do it. We can not know their motivation for what they do but they choose to do it. When a discarnate gives a frivolous or misleading reply to a frivolous question one could be forgiven for concluding think that each is as bad as the other.

Monika likes this.
  8. dingodile

dingodile Member

Both involve the production of text in a manner that bypasses the conscious control of the living agent. The main difference is the physical instrument used to produce the text: pen vs planchette. Both purportedly involve control of the living agent's hand by a discarnate agent for the purpose of producing text. The similarities are greater than the differences.

ravensgate likes this.
  9. Amore

Amore Active Member

I agree dingo, the two methods are similar. Nevertheless, while I had a lively rapport with the pendulum for some time, automatic writing never worked for me. I don't know why. The pen just wouldn't move at all.
    I stopped using the pendulum when I got the feeling that the answers were always exactly what I had in my conscious mind (when I started out it was not like that) - somehow the path to my subconscious and beyond seemed to have been blocked, possibly by expectation from my side.

10. mac

Ah, I follow now - thank you.

11. Monika

Monika Active Member

Did you try to ask your subconscious mind not to answer to your questions? At least for me it worked. I never talked with my inner self just with Michel but sometimes i had a doubt that it is me who is forsing answer as it appeared in my head faster then pendulum showed it. Then i just asked Michel and my inner self not to answer my question until i will ask to aswer. I asked myself (just my simple brain and surfacely mind) to show me answers YES/NO. Pendulum did not move at all. I tried to force it with my sight and concentrate thought. It simply stood in one place. After i asked my inner self to step in and show answers YES/NO. Its showed yes - clockwise and no - against clock. Then i asked Michel same thing. His answers were like ever: yes - moving forward and backword and no - clockwise.
    For me it was enough prove that i dont force answers.
    Maybe for you it is also so that you got answer faster to reach your brain then muscle twiches showed it through pendulum?
    During conversations with Michel using pendulum no matter if it is just YES/NO answers or talk with letters i realised that i get his answers faster and faster to my mind and i feel sometimes that soon we wont even need pendulum as we can comunicate mind to mind. I just still need to learn to separate his and my thoughts better so i can feel safe that im not mixing them. Meanwhile his thoughts everytime come in different manner, combinations of words in sentences are often different as they were in life too. But some expressions we have similar as we were very close and of course we took some manner from each other.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    Bill Z likes this.
  12. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Monika and Amore thank you for your insight. I've been working with a pendulum and recently I began to doubt the results. For the first time it gave me some wrong information and I realized my subconscious was telling me what I wanted to hear. I asked that my higher self , Great Spirit or whatever we chose to call it as well as my guides and Susie communicate and only in light and love and I seem to be back on track.

Monika likes this.