1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Orbs in my New Orleans photos?

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Annie, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Annie

Annie Member

Soooo I just got back from a really fun trip to New Orleans. The Big Easy has a reputation for being haunted...it's a very old city and a lot of crime and not so pleasant things have gone down there. I didn't really think about ghosts or the afterlife much when I was there though, I just went to sightsee and have a good time. But right now, I'm looking through my photos and some of the shots I took on Bourbon Street at night have orbs in them. Are these from ghosts!? I've seen them in photos before and heard about them but never had them in my own shots! Do orbs really equal ghosts, or is it just a camera trick? I promise I didn't photoshop these or retouch them in any way. I'll show you what I've got...

[​IMG]
    This one is really faint. Hint: look at the sky.

[​IMG]
    This one is right next to the guy in black's leg, pretty close to the camera actually! Oh, and there's another under the lamp post.

[​IMG]
    This one is just full of orbs! There is one really distinct one in the sky surrounded by several other fainter ones, also one just under the balcony in the right side of the photo.

Tell me what you guys think! I am a little skeptical because I don't know why spirits would be floating around in the sky if they don't realize that they're dead. Maybe Roberta and Vita know more about this.

EDIT: I Googled and apparently dust particles can show up as orbs. So who knows. Honestly, I think that's probably what it was, but ya never know. :)

P.S. Missed you guys! I doubt I'll be able to respond to all the threads I've missed as there've been a lot but I'll try to read them!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

We have missed you too, dear Annie - it's wonderful to have you back! I am no expert on orbs, but your shots are interesting. The "it's just dust" explanation generally refers to indoor shots, and at close range - it doesn't explain yours. Some of what look like orbs in these shots could have other explanations, but some of them - especially the one near the man's leg - really seem to have no other explanation. And as for why a spirit would be there, it is possible this is the man's buddy still happily tagging along with him! I'll be interested to see what others think - has anyone done any research on orbs in photographs?

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi Annie! I'm glad you had a good time! I'm curious, did you see these through the lens (or just your eyes) when you were taking these pictures, or only once they were taken? I haven't done much research into how spirits manifest in the physical world, but these orbs are probably spiritual, I think anyway. Skeptics would say they are smudges, but you can't go by them.

4. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

I know Mitch Carmody always talks about orbs as "signs" when he does his speech
    on "Whispers of Love". That this orb is actually your loved one in the picture. I have heard several times that this is a real concept. I don't know how you prove it. Are 'halo's" seen in the very old religious pictures actually "orbs"???? Interesting thought. Mikey says that orbs can be energy pockets (souls) showing up on the film or camera. Interesting. Possible???? Mikey says love is always around! I will take it for sure! It all helps when your grieving!
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  5. Annie

Annie Member

Thanks for your responses guys. Vita, I didn't see these orbs until after I put them on my computer. If I'd been thinking about it, I would've tried to look on the camera screen for orbs too, but that screen is so small that I don't know how easy it would've been to see them anyway. To be fair, it was a little breezy in the evening and some dust could've been blowing around, I don't know for sure but I find it interesting nevertheless!