1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Operator, I Need Directory Assistance

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Types With Fingers, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Types With Fingers

Types With Fingers Active Member

Hi Carol, thanks for your input, I truly appreciate it. I did in fact watch the YouTube video. I was rather skeptical at first, but as the video went on I warmed up a great deal to your abilities. What I found most intriguing was that the pendulum reacted immediately when the answer to your question changed. When the answer was yes, the pendulum did its thing, but when the answer was something else, the pendulum did not wobble and rotate in confused circles for a few seconds as I thought it would, naturally transitioning from one swing direction to another, but it just changed direction with a snap like someone was holding the weight. Very, very intriguing.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

To watch Carol and Mikey communicating in person is absolutely convincing. I'm sorry, dear wonderful Carol, but nobody is that good an actress ;-)!

3. Waller

Waller Banned

[​IMG] Originally Posted by Waller [​IMG]
    In contacting the so-called deceased, what would you consider the highest, most evidential, message or communication in terms of proof of our survival of death and their existence?

I would think that you need to tackle this issue forthwith otherwise how will you know when you have received a spirit communication v.s communication from one of 1,000s of other non-spirit entities?

You do realize that your chances of obtaining what you are seeking via your own mediumship are relatively slim.

The large majority of people who are proponents of the afterlife have only their research and 2nd hand experiences on which to come to their conclusions. Evidential mediumship, evidential communications, is betting on low odds then where will you be?

4. Types With Fingers

Roberta! I've been listening to your podcasts every day for the past two weeks, the quality of your show is phenomenal in every way! Your interviews with Gary Schwartz have been my favorites so far. Thank you for being an active participant on these forums, it keeps this place alive. Have you thought about creating a subforum for users to specifically discuss each Seek Reality episode as it comes out? Also, while I've got you here, a like and thank you button would go a long way to streamline communication around here, haha. Oh, and how do I receive notifications as to things like when someone posts on a thread I created? Thank you for your time, I know you're very busy.

5. Types With Fingers

? Forgive me if I offend, Waller, but I'm compelled to say that I'm feeling a somewhat negative attitude coming from you. I understand I'm likely venturing with rose-colored glasses into a wide science I can barely comprehend, but the paths I feel are open to me have, in the last two years, been reduced to just this one. I'm going to attempt to establish communication with the spirit world because I feel this is what I have to do, and I'm going to keep going in, again and again and again and again, somehow, someway, until I get results. There are big issues at stake here, my life, my soul, and God knows what will satisfy my quest.

Well... I could just ask. I'm subscribed to several podcasts, twitter feeds, Facebook pages, and web sites on topics such as this. I'm also starting a meditation discipline to help ease my mind and strengthen my inner guidance. Will this be enough? Maybe, maybe not, but there's only way to find out for sure. Besides, I'm going to learn more and adapt as I go on.

The large majority of proponents are satisfied with only secondhand research and testimonies. I wish I was too, but I'm not. This isn't the first time I've made a major gamble in my life, and if it blows up in my face, it won't be the first time either. I'll just be back here, finding another way. After all, we've been given encouragement to ask, seek, and knock, have we not? Well, by God, that's what I'm going to do!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  6. I must second this testimonial. It's not just the responsiveness of the pendulum, it's also CArol's very apparent genuine enthusiasm and warmth.

I also second TWF's suggestion of a like button. I know some people fear it would discourage more thoughtful conversation, but there are also times when I want to just say I agree or appreciate something and I don't because I can't name a whole post out of it. It might also help to engage some of our many readers who are reluctant to start posting.

7. Types With Fingers

I like this.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

Changes to the website of this sort may be difficult to make.

I'm not in favor of 'Like' buttons (I find them as trite as Facebook) but in reality they don't do any harm and wouldn't negatively impact the small number of regular contributors although neither would they add anything useful to discussions.

Perhaps a 'Dislike' button would help maintain balance?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  9. Types With Fingers

A dislike button would add balance, I totally agree. The like/dislike buttons would not be for the purpose of conversation, but as part of community psychology and forum efficiency. If I like or don't like something you said, and want you to know, but have nothing else to add to the conversation as is, bam! Button. It would also help to encourage or discourage you from posting further.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

The idea in your last sentence is an interesting notion. ;)