1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

old soul?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by mac, Jul 12, 2013.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

It's fine Andrew and I don't see it as picky. I didn't express myself well.

We're always running into trouble with any mention of time and hence my remark about a "..time frame we can scarcely conceive". I don't perceive time as linear or circular, simply a (vital) tool to help navigate this strange dimension....

You spoke of our soul/spirits coming into being at a single moment but for me it's a continuous process - there never was/is a single moment. I used the word 'older' as a comparative term specifically linked to the amount of exposure to/experience in this physical dimension and not as an absolute measure of a soul/spirit's progression. If my ideas are anything like correct, we all enter into this dimension from another one for a first time. (not the so-called past life) Some will claim it's the only time and I expect that will be correct for some individuals.

Still thinking in terms of old souls and your thoughts about us all being equally advanced as one another, I see the situation being that on our re-merging with 'the source' (source being the state we left for our 'journey of experience' as individuated spirit) we then will be closer to being as similarly spiritually-advanced as other souls. Not necessarily exactly similar because some will have more experiences to 'bring to the table' than others but all contributions of equal worth.

We've moved away somewhat from Malala so I'll leave things at this. I'm planning on writing a related piece in my blog later.

2. Eli

Eli New Member

Jesus & Ghandi, I'd say. The two men aimed for good in all things, not necessarily for one specific cause. To look at humanity and to see it for what it was, for good and for bad, and acknowledge it.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

I suspect there are a good few more than these guys.

4. I am really impressed. She is really powerful girl. She fights against the brutality of the world. Now, UK and UN government taking care of her and gives her good education

5. Eli

Eli New Member

Oh, for sure, those are just the two that I can name off the top of my head, lol.

6. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Hi Mac,
    Here is Mikey's take on this if that is ok:
    Mikey describes an "old soul" as a soul who has been here and has gained lots of knowledge from all their experiences through their lifetimes. A young soul does not have as many experiences here, and therefore does not have as much knowledge in how to handle various life situations here. Mikey says souls are not actually "old or new or young", this term pertains strictly to life experiences and the knowledge from them. For example, lets take 2 people in a work place. There is a meeting and conflict starts. One individual comes up with a solution quickly that makes total sense and gives a smooth transition. The other individual continues to argue, gets frustrated, cannot see it any other way but their own, which is not a good thing for the company. Mikey says, some folks just "get it". The "old soul" has a bucket of knowledge to pull from with all their experiences, and the "young soul" is pulling knowledge from a thimble. They just don't get it! I have seen this with many different life experiences. In the same situation, some folks get it, others don"t! If we take this concept into consideration, we may have better patience with others when certain conflicts arise. Mikey says to remember we truly learn by experiences. Some folks may not have much to go on.......and it is tough here!
    Sally Baldwin talked about this same thing with me before she passed. Interesting........and it does make some sense. This young lady you are talking about obviously has knowledge on how to do what she is doing! It came from somewhere and she is on a mission! Pretty cool! :)
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"