1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Old man Dean

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Ski, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Ski

Ski

Heres another psychic phenomen.

I just want to say, that I believe I have always had these abilities...but they went doormat after the age of 5. There were some bleed through here and there, but I didn't know what it was, or paid any attention to it. I just didn't know what it was and it was not accepted in my family. It became blatantly obvious after my NDE, what it was...and I did lots of research to find out more, and educate myself.

So, when I was first married, young, we were broke and pretty much poor. We were two kids, living in a trailer with no money. My husbands grandparents had a retired friend in town who did odd jobs as favors for old and poor people in our town. His name was Dean, he was a farmer, amd he always wore overalls. Really, he was just one of the nicest guys you could meet. From the first time he came over, to fix our AC unit and our bathtub drain, I sat next to him in the hall amd talked to him the whole time. He was just a very warm friendly guy, amd we could talk about anything and everything. Given the age difference, he was 70, and I was 21, that to me was cool. I felt comfortable alone with him, enough to talk his ear off. He never charged us a thing. He liked talking to our little boy who was a toddler at the time, as well.

He use to come around when things went down and fix them for us. I always liked seeing him. As my husband went up in his job, he got a big advancement amd started making decent money, we could afford to pay for things. So Dean kind of moved on to help other people who needed a free handy man around. He was also older, about 70, and I didn't want to take away his time from his family, amd he still had hundreds of acres of farming land that he helped his kids take care of. They did most of the work.

About two years went by, amd I had seen or heard from Dean. Then one morning, I was laying on my side, amd I had just woke up from sleep. I opened my eyes to see Dean sitting at the foot of my bed talking to me. It seemed we were in mid conversation. I only remember laying there totally at ease in mid conversation talking to him. I only remember consciously of him saying...He said he was worried about his wife, kids, and grandkids. He had a worried look on his face.

He was wearing overalls, and he seemed to be a lil hazy, or see through, but he was very flours cent in color, even his clothes were. Almost like pastel coloring. This only lasted about 10 seconds before I realized he shouldn't be in my room, and I wiped my eyes really fast...amd he was gone. This seem to be in a hypnagogic state, upon first weakening.

I got up, out of bed, looked around...amd he was gone. I thought to myself, must have been a dream. Besides, why would Dean be talking to me in my room? I kinda knew of my experiences, but I had never shared them when I was younger. I knew they weren't normal, but I also knew it could mean I was crazy. So I did not pay attention to it.

Later that day, my husbands grandparents called me to see if I wanted to bring the baby up amd have lunch. We had lunch together several days a week, amd I spent a lot of time with them, so of course I got the baby ready and headed over there for lunch.

We had been up at there house for a few hours, chasing the baby around, and playing..before we actually sat down in the two chairs amd talked. Then grandma said, "Oh, Did you hear what happens to Dean?" I said no....I haven't seen or heard from Dean in about two years. She said, "He died of Cancer Friday" I said, what? She said, "yeah, he went to the doctor last month and they said he had Cancer, and he just died so fast" Now, this was Monday, because I only went to their house M-F when my husband was working, and I remember it was replaying in my head over and over, that he had died two days before I saw him sitting on my bed.

That's when it hit me, it did cross my mind that morning, that when I saw him...it couldn't have been real, because that would mean he was dead...and I thought he was alive. It was the very same day that I saw him, that I learned he had died on Friday, a few days before. So he was dead, and I did see him.

Janet and genewardsmith like this.
  2. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

Amazing story, thanks so much for posting. These evidential ones are so interesting!

3. Excellent post, I truly enjoyed reading it. do you have anything else to offer?

Kurt likes this.
  4. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

I doubt the poster will be back. This post is 6 months old and she left under less than ideal circumstances...….

5. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I wish she would...

6. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I think it is obvious that I am a very big Mac fan, but I find myself on Skis side in that... Moderating her for talking?

I cannot use the acronym that I am thinking but I am sure you all know.

If we could see then it would maybe be different.

But him and billZ? That's just always funny ... Lol....

7. Janet

Janet New Member

What an awesome story and I wish you'd come back, Ski!

Kurt likes this.
  8. pandora97

Kurt, I'm not positive but if I remember correctly her disagreement with mac deteriorated into name calling and possibly questionable language. And IMO we're not any the less fascinating without her...….:p:D

Kurt likes this.
  9. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Just to be clear, member Ski chose to discontinue posting on ALF but remains a registered member. Nothing in this thread has been changed.

Kurt likes this.
  10. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Very true we are all a very close knot, happy and interesting group without the short termers. That won't change unless we lose long term active members.... I was not aware of the name calling and questionable language.

11. pandora97

It was on a different thread I think. Nonetheless it's history and we're all about what comes next. Right...…? ;)

Kurt likes this.
  12. mac

In my experience, many members new to websites (not only ALF) leave fairly soon afterwards. Just a small group remain as core members over the months and years.

What's always a potential difficulty, though, is that without new members looking for help, or bringing something fresh to the table, the core group have discussed and debated more-or-less all the subjects in which they have an interest. There's simply nothing much left to discuss. :(

Kurt likes this.
  13. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Yes. Even life isn't captivating enough for us so we look to the afterlife.

14. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

True....

I think we should have a 9/11 thread.

15. mac

Provided it doesn't stray into the politics or religion of the situation, there's nothing preventing anyone from opening a new conversation. :)

Kurt likes this.