1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

odyssey

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by mac, Oct 20, 2013.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

There are no guarantees about the kind of life experiences we'll get but we do have some input into what we'd like. Some will work out, some won't, some will have horrible experiences, others won't. Some will see more of 'the big picture' and others won't see much at all. Some will have experiences that feel unbearable but they will bear them nonetheless. Sadly some will not cope and will return prematurely. Those who do hang on may find their experiences shake them to the core and test their mettle to its limit. For them life will be so traumatic that if there's an afterlife, if there's reincarnation, if they get to choose, they declare that absolutely no way will they return. And if that's what they still feel after their passing, after the return of their understanding of why it all happened, they won't have to.

But will they feel the same as they do now? Do you feel as you did five, ten, twenty, fifty years ago? If someone had asked you then how you'd feel about 'the spooks' when you hadn't even heard of such a thing, what would you have said? Could you have anticipated that life would deal you a hand which would eventually lead you to this website, to be reading this very piece, dear reader?

Can you really be certain, then, that you will never come back to this world once you've remembered why you came in the first place or came again after your last life?

http://afterlifeforums.com/entry.php?207-odyssey

2. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

"Can you really be certain, then, that you will never come back to this world once you've remembered why you came in the first place or came again after your last life?"

Yes, I can be and am absolutely certain that I will never come back here again (if, in any future life here, I would again not be allowed to know, without doubt, that my loved ones continue to exist as themselves after death, and that we will be reunited).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  3. Many people here (here on the forum and here on Earth) feel this way. Maybe you will still feel that way when you cross over -- who knows?

I think, though, it is not the most important question. The most important question is what will we do with the time we have here? If we are determined not to come back, is there work we should do, love we should show, beauty we should relish, or even more pain we should endure, so that we can really say we are done? If we must suffer, at least let's try to make it count for something.

4. This blog post is lovely, mac. And I agree that it is not possible to know how we will feel when we move on to a completely different plane of existence. When I was a child I had a very poor understanding of what it was like to be an adult. The change from physical to spiritual must be significantly larger.

5. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I see what you're saying, but I am sure that I never want to incarnate again, unless I can do so while knowing that there is an afterlife where I will happily be with my loved ones again, in which case I might consider it.

As for "what will we do with the time we have here", I will do nothing. I will avoid causing anyone pain to the extent that I possibly can, but other than that I'm done. For me, it's just a matter of existing until I am allowed to die.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

thank you, Celera

I don't say much about myself because I ain't important but for that piece I felt it was important for me to set the scene. Maybe my thoughts will prompt someone, sometime, to think a little differently from the way they've done before. Perhaps then they'll see this world in a different light and also see a potential for worlds which follow (and precede) this one.

7. Great post, mac, I really liked it.

8. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Nicely done Mac! When I think back to how I was even 10 years ago, WOW, are things different for me now! I would have thought this whole forum was nuts and off their "rocker"! :) I wonder how I will think even 5 more years from now! Crazy how life experiences can change you!
    Mikey does say when we return Home, we look at all of this very differently. There is no way we can predict how we will feel then!
    Carol (and Mikey "in Spirit" too!)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  9. mac

mac Staff Member

Thank you all - glad it appealed :)

10. Great blog entry, Mac. Thank you.