1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Nirvana comments on life

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by Nirvana, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Nirvana

Nirvana Regular Contributor

Life in this dimension is too much. Just how I feel.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

Isn't that a somewhat sweeping statement? I'm guessing you're reacting to events around you rather than the totality of life here.

Kurt likes this.
  3. Nirvana

Nirvana Regular Contributor

Correct

Kurt likes this.
  4. jobun

jobun New Member

I don't really think this is God's plan. God gave people free will, and the people exercising their free will that is messing up life in this dimension. People can really suck sometimes

Nirvana likes this.
  5. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

True enough, but what about all the stuff that human free will did not cause, such as certain weather events, illnesses, etc.? That's on god, if there is one (in my opinion).

6. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

Alternative positions are possible--ACIM blames all such troubles on ourselves, for instance.

7. mac

mac Staff Member

You might say everything that happens is 'on God' because - if you are persuaded of a creator - everything that happens follows on from what was created in the first instance. Always assuming there was a point which we could relate to as being 'the first instance'. ;)

Whether that's a matter of apportioning blame or acknowledging enablement is moot.

8. genewardsmith

The ACIM answer to that is that God is incapable of understanding error, and created the Holy Spirit, who can, only as a consequence of our mistake. That's not enablement nor blamable in my opinion.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

If that's the whole ACIM answer I would be looking elsewhere for an understanding of God..... :rolleyes:

10. genewardsmith

The alternative is that God does understand error, and nevertheless let us fall into it. Why do you prefer that?