1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Night Visits - Blair Robertson

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by DenverGuy, Nov 14, 2017 at 5:36 PM.

1. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

I don't have a very positive view of mediums in general, but I kind of like Blair Robertson's message. I did one of his free webinars last night. It was about communication, which he has a free book about. He talked about how to recognize signs, how you don't need a medium, and how they come to us at night - but not in dreams. So last night I wrote my girlfriend's name on a piece of paper, folded it twice, lit a candle, etc, hoping for a night visit. It didn't happen. I felt a little silly doing that (just a little).

I understand that that it is normal to have nothing happen, but it doesn't feel good. When I lost her on June 14th of 2016, a bird's nest appeared a few days later on my front porch, with baby birds. There is no way to tell if that's a sign or not.

In general, I don't know if I am missing signs or just haven't received any. I'm sure I am not alone in this.

As someone else once pointed out, it's bad enough to lose someone who is everything to you, but if there is an afterlife - and I hope there is - this shouldn't be so damn hard.

I am not giving up, though.

Also, this forum is terrific - you guys are great.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 2:49 AM
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

It's disappointing to hear about your recent attempt to establish communication with your girlfriend but I have mixed feelings about signs and symbols.

Those lucky enough to have plenty of indicators of their loved one's presence find varying amounts of reassurance and solace. But their experiences may leave others who don't get recognisable ones perhaps feeling deflated, angry, frustrated and maybe even doubting that life goes on beyond death. It's a conundrum and I don't have any answers.

My own position is that although I share the situation of not having experienced any signs or symbols I'm not in any doubt about survival for various other reasons. I don't have the choice, of course, but if I did I'm not confident I'd want a loved one hanging around and sending me indications that they were still around. I don't feel that's the natural order and over 30 plus years my view about that has never changed.

But each of us needs to decide for himself/herself their best approach and I understand the reasons of those who hope for unmistakable signs.

DenverGuy likes this.
  3. Maria

Maria New Member

I have never heard of this before, and although it is tempting to do it, there is something about the act of writing messages in folded paper and lighting candles that resembles doing some kind of magic spell. Perhaps I am wrong about that, but it is just my view. I also hope that Blair Robertson is correct that they can come at night outside of dreams. Within the week that Peter died, I was lying in bed one night waiting for sleep with my eyes closed and hands across my chest, when suddenly I felt a hand pressing on mine. I looked up, and clearly saw Peter moving swiftly to the right away from my bed. It is believed that that the newly bereaved experience hallucinations, but this was very real and certainly not a dream. I hope you will have a visit like this DenverGuy

DenverGuy and enby like this.
  4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

DenverGuy, whenever you spot or experience something that might conceivably be a sign, always say aloud, 'Thank you! I see that! Please give me another sign!" The act of your speaking aloud gives them additional energy and seems to make the process easier. Communication goes both ways, and it helps a lot if you can do your part... even if you aren't 100% certain that what you have noticed did come from your loved one.

And we're glad that you are enjoying our forum, dear DenverGuy! It was created for you especially ;-).

5. Maria

Maria New Member

That is a lovely sentiment Roberta and so true. After all, you can imagine being a discarnate trying hard to convey signs of being around your love ones. Saying “Thank you!”, and asking for another sign confirms that they are aware of your presence otherwise you might just give up. I also did not realise that this energises them, and I am so grateful for your advice.

6. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

In fairness those who want to send a sign to their loved one probably also realise their loved one's frustration about the uncertainty of them. ;) Their helpers spirit-side will explain all that if an explanation is needed. But if you've taken the trouble to send one sign then surely you'd keep trying over and over to try to lessen their uncertainty and doubt? Oh sure it's a good thing to say "thank you" if you think something has come your way and it's an affirmation that you're prepared to accept their survival.

But sometimes it may be advisable to pull back from forever looking for signs if it's getting you down because it may also be prolonging the grieving and eventual healing process.

7. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Thanks for all of your responses. Sorry about those typos. I was using a netbook with a very small screen and poor lighting at that time.

Mac, you made some good points, as usual. You gave me a lot to think about.
    Maria, wow - that's quite an experience! I hope it happens again for you you. Thanks for your good thoughts.
    Roberta, I appreciate your advice. I will take it.

Finally, I don't know what "healing" means in this context. I bet it means different things to different people. Some people are okay within a few weeks. Others never get over it. They're just functional. It's been 17 months for me and I can't stop thinking about her. It is such a huge void. The thought of a new relationship holds zero appeal for me, and I'm okay with that.