1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

new year

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by mac, Dec 31, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

2020 in the USA is almost on us. Elsewhere it's already arrived - what's up with that?! But we'll go through the rituals of boozing to excess, eating to excess, gettin' maudlin..... well some of us will! :D

Seriously, though, I wish you all in 2020 whatever you'd wish for yourself along with the givens of good health, reasonable wealth and security along with happiness.

In my homeland of the UK it's already midnight and we face great uncertainty as we leave the bosom of the European Union, an organisation that transformed the UK.

In the United States of America 2020 will begin with a mini constutional challenge that is likely to fizzle out like a damp firecracker and be followed by a time and money gobbling campaign to re-elect the current president.

In Australia folk will have experienced the arrival of 2020 with record high temperatures and fearsome wildfires that threaten people, homes and even whole cities. That looks set to continue for weeks or even months. The Aussies deserve our prayers.

All of us all face the threat of global climate change be that down to our actions or to natural weather cycles. If I was religious I'd be saying "God help us!" and although I'm not you'll get my point.... ;)

So in traditional fashion I'll wish you 'Happy New Year' and I'm toasting you all with the leftovers of a very large gin and tonic sitting on my coffee table - cheers! :D :)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    Kurt likes this.
  2. Cheers! Happy new year!

Kurt likes this.
  3. Monika

Monika Established Member

Happy new year♡

Kurt likes this.
  4. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

The wildfires in Australia are so extensive they can experience the effects in New Zealand.

Kurt likes this.
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

It's possible/probable the effects of such massive wildfires may be experienced elsewhere on this globe too....

Kurt likes this.
  6. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Happy New year's everyone. I cannot believe the decade is over.