1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

New TV show - Long Island Medium

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Birki, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Based on her show, Teresa Caputo, the Long Island Medium claims that her spirit guides will let her know that someone from the other side wants to contact someone on this side. This is why she often does impromptu readings when out in public, coming up to a stranger, introducing herself as a medium, someone who talks to the dead, then giving them solid evidence to erase their doubts. So it seems to me that she claims to communicate directly with the deceased. She says that she either sees images, or hears things, feels things, during a sitting she will use automatic writing. Skeptic that I am, unless the whole show is staged, she seems to be completely legitimate. She also has this wonderful down-to-earth quality of an ordinary person who has an extraordinary gift who uses it to help people. IMO, she's definitely in the 3%. I defer to Mac's expertise, but it seems that what she does is very similar to Spiritualism based some reading I did and few visits to some Spiritualist churches.

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

2. Thanks, Vic. Teresa Caputo has been tested by Gary Schwartz and the Forever Family Foundation, so I think she is legit. They have done some pretty amazing things.
    Here is a link to many of the episodes.
    http://afterlifeforums.com/showthread.php/302-New-TV-show-Long-Island-Medium/page7

3. mac

mac Staff Member

That's not fair. I clearly said that my response was based on what another member had written about a particular instance. What was described by that member sounded to me like psychic reading. I also said I'd take a look if I could see a show to make up my own mind about what she does.

As a rider to all this it's not unusual that a practitioner will drop in and out of psychic reading, either deliberately or inadvertently. The editing of TV shows may highlight that more, or less, than is seen when watching the whole performance live on stage.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  4. I was simply stating my opinion. I look forward to hearing what you think once you see her show.

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

5. mac

mac Staff Member

I did take a look at the clips hosted by TLC but from those I was left little-the-wiser as to whether I'd class her as a medium or a psychic. The clips made for great TV, though, and I could agree she's ideal for such shows!

I'd need to watch at least one full, unedited show to gain a proper perspective on her but what applies to any evidential mediumship must apply to what she does if she's to be considered a medium. Otherwise I'd class her as a psychic.

6. Watch this one: Season 1, Episode 3 "Spirit Release"

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzuUJCh6XYY
    Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrNJ95zRfxY

7. mac

mac Staff Member

8. Thanks so much Birki. This helped me today.