1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

New to this

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Toady, May 17, 2019.

1. hi all I’m new to this site, I came across it out of desperation in finding out if anyone had any contact from loved ones?
    My partner who was just 42 suddenly died in Feb this year leaving me and our child absolutely devastated.
    I’m finding just doing basic things a massive struggle infact I do not want to be here without him!
    He was my life, best friend partner protector everything in one!
    I’m left feeling empty and lost
    I’m preying I’ll get w message from him somehow

Kurt likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

Welcome to ALF but we're sorry it's such a desperately sad situation that led you here. Some of our members have experienced similar loss to yourself and I hope you'll be able to 'speak' to them soon. Many are in North America, though, and with the time difference they're likely still to be at work and they may come online after we Brits have turned in.

3. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Hello and welcome!

You will receive a message from your spouse. More than likely you’ve already have received a message from him but haven’t realized it. (Just read over some of your other posts just now)

A lot of people look for physical/scientific evidence regarding life after death. However I recommend you looking towards your dreams for evidence. We visit one another and our guides in the astral realm via astral projection when we sleep. Visitations can also be induced, but tuning into our dreams when we sleep requires less effort once we have an open mind and let go of certain grievances. Easier said than done unfortunately, but that’s just my suggestion.

4. Hi Thankyou yes I believe he did come in my dream,, I’m so desperate to have another tho, is that it do you think one dream and no more?

5. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Welcome. J hope you develop contact quickly enough.

6. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Oh, you will have plenty more trust me ;). You may have gotten signs outside of your dreams as well but haven’t noticed it.

Music and dreams are a huge way I’ve experienced communication with the other side. Spirits communicate with us in all sorts of ways. You will know it’s a visitation when it happens.

Kurt likes this.
  7. jimrich

jimrich Established Member

Toady, I can share with you my experiences re: my late fiance who transitioned only last week. When I think of or hope to see her in our house, at a store or anywhere, it hurts a lot because she simply is not there/here - in the flesh BUT, if I imagine or "see" her as an invisible presence/entity floating above my head or sitting on my shoulder, the pain goes away! A Medium friend explained it like this: When I image or look for her to be here as a real, physical person and she isn't, the pain of loss and longing comes up BUT if and when I imagine or "see" her as a spiritual entity (which she definitely is now), I mentally/emotionally rise up and into her "spiritual" realm which fills me with joy, wonder and happiness. So wanting her to still be here in the lower plane is not possible and it HURTS whereas allowing her to be in the higher plane of spirit pulls me up there with her and then joy and happiness comes into me. Either way, I know that she is not dead and gone but still alive and well right here next to me so, I rarely feel a sense of loss or grief because she is STILL HERE. I have had two readings with my dis-incarnated fiance and expect to have more - at least until she has to "move on" but she promised to come be with me whenever I need or want her. This has all been made possible by meeting a few good Mediums over the years.
    Re: "Hi Thank you yes I believe he did come in my dream,, I’m so desperate to have another tho, is that it do you think one dream and no more?"
    Betty has been visiting me in my dreams nearly every night (and in naps) since she crossed over last week. I often ask her to come visit just before I fall asleep - and she does!!! Good luck........jim

Toady likes this.
  8. ChrisGreece

ChrisGreece New Member

Welcome. Love never dies love is the one above all . You will be contacted just need to have faith.May i suggest that you try tea-candles ? Got nothing to lose. Place in a place far from wind ask your question the way the candle flame moves is your answer. Just like head moves left-right no up-down yes.Flame does not move no answer.You may need persistence , relaxing and clearing your mind first.
    But still got nothing to lose tea-candles are very cheap.

Monika, Toady and Kurt like this.
  9. Thankyou I will sure try this x

Kurt likes this.
  10. ChrisGreece

ChrisGreece New Member

May i also suggest that you buy an octopus head massager from a dollar store and massage the top of your head . On the top of your head the seventh chakra exist and stimulating your seventh chakra helps with contacting the other side.Since the seventh chakra is the chakra of letting go you should let go of the old image of your partner and re imagine him as a very happy spirit in a spirit garment in paradise while closing your eyes and massaging the top of your head for at least 5 minutes before trying to contact . I would also suggest that you find a way to see the movie astral city for an image of how the afterlife might look like.That way you might visualize what happen when your partner goes to paradise.A clarification here. (Visualise does not mean that you have to see something clearly in your mind eye.You need to see only very little but you just have to know and affirm that it exists.) While the movie is only 2/3rd accurate at most it is much better than nothing.Here is the official trailer.

Also people upload full version of this movie in other language than English but these versions are taken down by the copyright holder. Finally never lose hope because love conquers all.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Kurt likes this.