1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

New to this site - quick introduction

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by TimoR, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Hi!

I am a new member here (from Sweden, so English is not my mother tongue..), so here comes a quick introduction:

From having believed a big part of my life that the mind is a function of the brain, and that when the body dies you simply cease to exist, I have changed my mind in recent years. Due to losses of close family members I started to think and ponder over life and death, and I started to wonder if I might have been wrong the whole time.

I found out that there is a strong belief in rebirth within buddhism, so I started to do some simple research to find out if there might exist any proof that it is real. I quickly found a lot of information about children who have reincarnated, and the proof they could show up was quite convincing to me. So, after reading and learning more I also found a lot of information about OBEs and NDEs. Everything indicating there is life after death.

Recently I read the book "Flying High in Spirit: A Young Snowboarder's Account of His Ride Through Heaven", in that book I found the link to ALF, so here I am :)
    (I really liked the book, easy to read, also very interesting and informative!)

Looking forward to read the threads about Carol and Mikey (that's the primary reason I became a member), considering the big amount of posts I think there is a wealth of information to learn from :)

Timo

Kurt and Monika like this.
  2. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Welcome Timo.

We look forward to your contribution. Feel free to participate and share your knowledge here especially in the NDE section of the forum that’s looking mighty scarce at the moment :)

Kurt likes this.
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome to ALF :) Glad to hear you enjoyed 'Flying High' and found it interesting and informative.

Kurt likes this.