1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

New to the Forum + Many Questions

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Luna, May 19, 2015.

1. Waller

Waller Banned

You never lose your identity, your personality. It has to be this way. Like a facet of a holograph, each facet has everything in it the entire hologram does. Try this idea.

We are all cogs in the machine (Source/God/Creator) each as important as the other, the collective becomes one which 'makes the machine work' or exist. The gears are individual pieces each with its own makeup, identity.

This is also why individually we are important, worthy and required. To me, the ultimate in arrogance is to think that the Creator is an imperfect machine that doesn't need all its gear to be truly One and whole.

Btw, Luna Lovegood is one of my favorite Harry Potter characters. ;)

2. Luna

Luna New Member

Ah, I understand now! That was a good analogy :) Thank you so much for clarifying, Waller! I appreciate the patience as well~

I agree that makes perfect sense to me, and I believe Carol and Mikey agreed with Vic on something similar in the thread I linked to. I didn't notice it at first, but she said "Team=God=Unity which we are all a part of. According to Mikey, we do maintain our individuality, but we are part of something so much greater!"

I think all of the answers to my questions are on here somewhere, it just takes some digging :D Even some of the more outlandish ones I had were answered in Carol and Mikey's Q&A !

Ha, Luna Lovegood. I hear that one a lot when I use this username. Luna is really the cat in my avatar. She had a short, sad life and when she passed away I painted it to remember her by. To be honest, it's always reminded me more of Sailor Moon!

~ Luna

3. dopier

dopier Active Member

I've never been able to understand how anyone thinks we can out-think the creator of thought. I'm more comfortable with those who either are not sure about or outright reject the notion of a creator. But once crossing the threshold...well, perhaps that's where faith takes shape?