1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

New to past life regression/reincarnation in general...

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by thatdudeinblack, Jun 3, 2017.

1. thatdudeinblack

thatdudeinblack New Member

To start off, I haven't really wrapped my head around the idea of reincarnation for quiet a while. First, it was because of the standard evangelical concept of heaven and hell that I had been exposed to as a child. In my high-school/post-graduation years, it was due to atheism, and it's probably only in recent months that I've given the idea of it any actual serious thought.

I reverted back to a somewhat Christian position late last year but I consider myself generally open to pretty much all the possibilities. So I figured if I really wanna decide whether to dismiss reincarnation/past lives for good or not, it might as well be time to give it a genuine try. The only real problem I have here is that I frankly don't know where to begin with this. A lot of the things I've read have told me the best way to do what's called "regression" is to go see a hypnotherapist or someone else to guide me in this process. However, I don't really have the money to spare for someone that probably only stands about a 50% chance of being legitimate. And to be frank, even if I did have the money, there's still that 50/50 factor that bothers me.

So, in the end, is it really possible at all for me to perhaps do some sort of exercise on my own that could potentially yield some kind of results?

2. Sarah

Sarah New Member

I'm new as well :) and looking forward to feedback for your question. I like the idea of validation. There is lots of second hand validation that is pretty compelling. I would like first hand validation if possible, but I consider spending substantial money in my current financial situation to be irresponsible. So until then I kind of go off faith.. what feels nice/right... probably a bit simplistic, but I really feel "good" about it. Im excited to have a new possibility about what happens next and what were here for now.

I hope you get a response and the answers you are looking for.

Perhaps we can go dutch and spring for a shared reading lol ;-)

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

After having spent fifty years doing this research, and as someone who also was originally a strict Christian and mightily resisted the idea of reincarnation, I can tell you that if you do enough open-minded research you will have to accept reincarnation as fact. It does happen, and nearly everyone apparently lives many lives; but since time is not objectively real, apparently all these lives (and all of earth-time) are happening simultaneously. Very hard to get your mind around that!

Our minds are far more powerful than we realize, and all the answers you seek are right there in your mind, but the trick is to access them. Hypnotic regression does work, but the last time I tried it (about a year ago), my primary guide blocked it and said (through me - I was then under hypnosis) that he didn't want me focusing on our past lives together. So, that was that! I have done a little regression, but long ago, and I do have a memory from my most recent lifetime with him, but I can wait to learn the rest. I'm closer to graduating than you are, and once I do that I'll be able to access as many past lives as I like, so I don't mind not knowing more about them now.

If you want to investigate your own past lives but you can't go the hypnosis and regression route, you might try simply asking your primary guide each night before you to go to sleep to please allow you to wake up with a past-life memory, either from a dream or otherwise. Then pay a lot of attention to what is in your mind when you first awaken. Learning to work with and be sensitive to your guides takes some practice, so don't expect it to happen immediately; instead, just relax as much as you can. Do this every night for a couple of weeks and without stress or expectations and see what happens. You may be surprised!

Widdershins3 and Sarah like this.
  4. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

What Roberta said! Until I had a series of dreams of past lives I've lived, I discounted them. Too easy to wishfully assign meaning to what's probably just a cool dream, right? Well, guess what? A past life dream is entirely different from a regular dream. It feels completely real and not dream-like in any way. It's like a memory relived in great detail and is vivid and unforgettable.

During that same period that I was dreaming of having been a half-Chinese half-Caucasian girl in the Silver Bonanza years in Virginia City, I also had several wide-awake experiences relating to that lifetime. In one, I was unable to enter an alley in San Francisco because I remembered dying in an upper floor room of a brick building that was there pre-1906 earthquake. Then I was forced off a sidewalk in a large cemetery in Colma and "walked" directly to the grave of a man who'd employed me and been kind to me in Virginia City.

And then when I visited Virginia City, I knew without being told the exact location of the old, vanished Chinatown there. Then I led the manager of a saloon behind a partition to a well-remembered staircase that I'd climbed many times a day with messages for the Silver Barons, who had a palatial hang-out upstairs. As I looked at the beautiful curving railing on the steps, I suddenly saw my tanned little child's hand resting on it and remembered the traveling German carpenter who'd built it.

I was able to verify everything except her death in San Francisco. She was a very humble person and I suspect she ended her days as a prostitute, since the alley I was unable to enter is Maiden Lane. But I still look for information on her. Do try to "incubate" some past life dreams, as Roberta advises. The results could change your thinking in a really fascinating way as you come face to face with eternal life and many, many lives lived all over the world.