1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by Chrysalis Life, May 21, 2017.

1. Chrysalis Life

Chrysalis Life New Member

Okay, I guess I'm supposed to say hi! :)

I've chosen the corny name "Chrysalis Life", because it describes my life circumstances. I'm very interested in the afterlife, not least OBE's, although I seem unable to generate any on my own. Due to feeling pretty stuck in this existence and long since having abandoned "Project Life" (it just never worked out for me for several reasons), the afterlife is nowadays something I'm very much looking forward to!

I hope my stay here will be both fun and educational!

Cheers everyone!

2. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you here.

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I, too, hope your attendance here will be what you hope..... :) The so-called afterlife is certainly something we can all look forward to but it's sad that life here isn't what you wanted.:(

Remember if you would, though, that there are likely to be many, many others who haven't had an OBE either. They're not really an integral part of life experiences for many/most of us. And anyway an OBE isn't the same as living in the next dimension(s) although experiencing one may be a good introduction to the subject of life beyond corporeal death.

4. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Just to piggy back on this I recommend you browsing past posts on this forum regarding OBEs and Astral Traveling since we all have discussed those topics a lot here both recently and in the past. I a long with quite a few members ran that subject matter here a lot and have had great experiences and information shared here.

What I can tell you in short hand is that every night (or morning depending on your sleep schedule) we all project out of our bodies onto the astral plane when we sleep regardless of if we recall the actual projection or not. Usually when we sleep and project out of our bodies onto the astral plane it is seamless and we don't even realize it. That's then where we start having our dreams/and or visitations about the deceased. Sometimes you may hear of people seeing someone they knew previously, a guide, a person still currently alive, or an animal that has passed right before they go to sleep or wake up. The reason why people experience these things before or after waking up from their sleep is because either you are transitioning out of your human body into the astral realm, or transitioning back inside your body after being on the astral plane.

Also, not to stray too much (which I normally do) but during this transitioning in and out of our bodies during sleep, one may experience sleep paralysis where they may feel stuck in-between those stages which would explain the feeling of not being able to move. Your human brain is aware that you are back on earths plane yet your astral body breifly stuck outside of your human body so it's unable to move. But it doesn't last for long however the experience may upset people if they don't understand what's going on.

So yeah.. Enough of my rambling and welcome again:)

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  5. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Member

Welcome chrysalis-life to the forums. :)